CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
405 Posts
Hey, Brian - hope you just mis-typed when you put the above date as September. Believe the NE dates are July 17-25. MITM @ Fancy Gap, VA should be September. (Or, I have some reservations to cancel ... )
Oops! You are correct. It is July 17-25. I had another ride on my mind when I wrote that. :confused:

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Blue Thunder,

Thank you, I would really like to at least ride into Maine so I can get a picture of the sign and say I rode there. Might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me being from the south and all.

And what fbnewell1 said...

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Dude, if that's all you want.... no problem! In fact we can arrange for a picture of you with Maine AND Canada!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
@BlueThunder Hey uh.... just some thoughts depending on routes in NY. If we are way upstate near lake Champlain there is a very cool attraction celled “Ausable Chasm”. Well worth a stop and walk if you’ve never seen it. Lake Placid may be a cool route as well as that’s a neat little town and great riding.
If a little further south, I personally want to go around the Lake George area as I’ve never stopped by. Plus the annual wingding meet up there has been moved to end of September and I’ll be in NC/VA at the MITM.
South of there in the Catskills a great stop would be near Woodstock, my old stomping grounds. Great riding and a neat town for a bite to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
@bljdb Way ahead of you! Places to stop include Ausable Chasm, Fort Ticonderoga, Fort William Henry and a bunch of other places. I can't reveal everything now. have to leave some details to be a surprise for you guys!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Saw this on Sunday news program "meet the press" and uploaded this short video to utube. He didn't really have anything else to say on this topic. I think that as of now they are closed thru the middle or end of March. Personally, I don't think the border will be open until the amount of vaccine in arms is a high number, so I'm guessing it will open June or thereabouts. Just a guess....

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
On another note - @BlueThunder - I'm possibly going to end my part of the trip by going to Long Island to meet my wife as she MAY be able to see her Mother for the first time in over a year. My wife wasn't able to go up and see her Mom or attend her Father's funeral last year. (Yes, he died from complications of covid at 96 yo). So, to say she's anxious is an uderstatement and visits are being controlled essentially by whether you have had vaccine or not. My wife (Jane), will get her second shot tomorrow and her Mom will be getting her second shortly.

Hopefully her visit will coincide somewhat with my trip up there and they are shooting for an early August visit. They live all the way at the end of the island so I might take the ferry from CT over to the island which would be preferable to the only other route thru the city.

Now that you know my life story, my questions are:
1 - Where are you thinking of a starting meet up place? Still Buffalo or elsewhere??
2 - Any details on possible routes would be much appreciated, fully knowing that nothing is set in stone but simply something to look at.
3 - As you can see by how long winded I am I have a fair amount of time on my hands. I don't work anymore and my knees won't let me do much of anything outside the house. S0 - if you need any help with research or whatever, I'm more than happy and willing to give you a hand. :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I'm possibly going to end my part of the trip by going to Long Island to meet my wife as she MAY be able to see her Mother for the first time in over a year. My wife wasn't able to go up and see her Mom or attend her Father's funeral last year. (Yes, he died from complications of covid at 96 yo). So, to say she's anxious is an uderstatement and visits are being controlled essentially by whether you have had vaccine or not. My wife (Jane), will get her second shot tomorrow and her Mom will be getting her second shortly.

Now that you know my life story, my questions are:
1 - Where are you thinking of a starting meet up place? Still Buffalo or elsewhere??
2 - Any details on possible routes would be much appreciated, fully knowing that nothing is set in stone but simply something to look at.
3 - As you can see by how long winded I am I have a fair amount of time on my hands. I don't work anymore and my knees won't let me do much of anything outside the house. S0 - if you need any help with research or whatever, I'm more than happy and willing to give you a hand. :cool::cool:
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law passing. I hope and pray that both of your families are doing well.

1. The meeting place at this point will be in Utica NY. This is central to NY. I choose this location as I figured it would be better to start in the NE since the Canadian border opening is unknown. That is, it makes more sense to head toward VT and NH as the first leg. If the border is open, then we can cross into Quebec and head towards Ottawa and so forth. If the border remains closed, we can continue into Maine and points southeast.

2. I have "rough" routes planned and need to finalize them. I would like to incorporate sites to visit with rest periods.

3. Since you are ending the ride in Long Island, you are more than welcome to accompany me on my way home to LI.

BTW, I noticed that you also have a '76 CB360T. That was my first motorcycle. I rode it one year to Toronto - no one told me it couldn't be done!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Utica!! I have spend time in Rome at AFRL in January and February... Rental cars in the snow.. Never buy a used rental car... :)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

61 - 68 of 68 Posts