CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Still very hopeful CA will be open by the time we want to go. I'm wondering if they will demand a vaccine card to enter at first? Who knows.

My wife is finally able to go up and see her Mom in NY. Jane and her Mom are both 3 weeks past second shot and the place where Mom is at stated my wife could only stay for two nights at first. After asking for four nights they said OK.

To fly into NY you have to fill out an online travel form and you have to get tested within 3 days of flying. Then you are supposed to quarantine for four more days. All that even if you are fully vaccinated and supposedly the National Guard is in airports checking paperwork.

If Canada is watching US newscasts they'll never let any Americans in ... is what I think sometimes.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I am interested in how the trip is for your wife. My understanding is the rules are in place for testing and quarantine but I don’t think it is actually being enforced.

Might be easier to just drive up.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I am interested in how the trip is for your wife. My understanding is the rules are in place for testing and quarantine but I don’t think it is actually being enforced.

Might be easier to just drive up.
She would take 2 days driving each way so 4 days travel for a 4 day trip would kinda suck for her. She flies into Islip so plane options are few but it was cheap, like $90 each way I think. She’s getting this info from her sister who also lives on LI but stays in the keys for winter. So supposedly she’s had to deal with this. She leaves April 10 so maybe they will lighten up a bit by then. Who knows??
Only one guest allowed so I can’t drive her either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Blue thunder any ideas on a moderate priced motel in a close location to book a room if I’m arriving the day prior to take off?

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
472 Posts
Blue thunder any ideas on a moderate priced motel in a close location to book a room if I’m arriving the day prior to take off?
Didn't ignore you... just confirming a few things. I am planning this motel as the initial meeting place. Everyone would begin showing up Saturday July 17. For those that are able to arrive around noon time, I will have a local ride. Dinner is at 7pm. Reservations should only be made for one (1) night as Sunday we are leave on our adventure!

Motel 6
5920 Airport Rd, Oriskany, NY 13424
(315) 736-0100

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
472 Posts
Before I start posting motel info...

The type of motels we stay at will depend on how many are coming. I would like to start a list of attendees. Quote the list and post your name at the end.

Attendees
BlueThunder - Brian

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Attendees
BlueThunder - Brian
Bljdb - Barry

81 - 100 of 109 Posts