CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
@Koepper,...... Guys? Anyone I missed?
Unfortunately, I have run into a problem...... I found out this week that July 16 - 18 is the annual disaster recovery test for my company. I am required to be present for the test. I will not be able to join in the NE trip. :confused:

However, I am still able and willing to host folks that will be coming up the I-81 / I-70 corridor for the trip. It will be great to see you folks again.

And I will be at the annual Meet Up In the Mtns in September.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
485 Posts
So far:
Attendees
Blue-Thunder-Brian
Bljdb-Barry
Dipsh17-Troystg
Stlburd2-Stan
Guinness-Buddy & Gary

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
@Koepper (Unfortunately, I have run into a problem...... I found out this week that July 16 - 18)

that’s crap man! As long as all my accounts with Wells Fargo are Good everything is ok...

Seriously that’s not good news. Keep in mind we don’t leave till 18th so maybe you could catch up?? Just a thought.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
So we have 7? Did I count right?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
Unless they have specifically turned off the option if you send them a private message they will get it via email. Just FLOAT your mouse pointer over the member name in your post above and select "Message" to send a private message.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi everybody. I got Barry’s message. As I told him, the border is now going to remain closed until at least late May. I am pessimistic about it opening at all this summer, so it is impossible to commit definitely to anything Stateside for the foreseeable future. It is a bummer, but that is the way it is right now.
All the best,
Bruce

·
Registered
680 Posts
yep most new agencies are reporting the May 21st as the new date for the Candadian border opening, but that is just because the 30 day extension.

I'm doubtful the border will open with any regularity any time soon (American's be hard headed).
A vaccine passport idea is on the table.. that might be interesting.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I'm doubtful the border will open with any regularity any time soon (American's be hard headed).
I'm curious what you mean by the above - I am under the impression that CA is keeping the border closed, are you saying it's the US as we are "hard headed"? (Which I don't disagree with!)

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
Don't forget that Canada is in North America too! So they are Americans same as citizens of the USA are. People on both sides of the border can be hard headed.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Don't forget that Canada is in North America too! So they are Americans same as citizens of the USA are. People on both sides of the border can be hard headed.
Since this is an international forum, it is good to use properly defined terms. I agree. I would say while technically true Canada is part of the Americas - most native English speaking persons take the term "Americans" as reserved or known to be understood as a United States of America person - because, we have the biggest military and we say so. :)

but let's see what the experts have to say:

.. but sure making the internet a better and more welcoming place we can all push for the technical vs intended meanings and colloquial usage.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
So, we are still at 6??

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Hey!!!!

So sorry for the delay. I am slammed with work/family obligations and I have not had the cognitive capacity to jump onto the forum. Jörg (Blue Barron) and I rode a little while back and where both chatting about this trip. I have it on my calendar with no conflicts.

I have not had the time to update my passport. I don't think that will matter, as it looks like there may be a strong probability that the boarder may not open. Oh well.

I have not made any concrete plans or accommodations for this ride yet. As of now, I am just trying to get through this Spring semester at work. Once things slow down and I can catch my breath, I will look into my plans.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive and for reaching out to me reminding me to get on!!!

Peace,
Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I have not had the time to update my passport. I don't think that will matter, as it looks like there may be a strong probability that the boarder may not open. Oh well.
Hey Chris, just an FYI concerning your passport. My wife lost track of hers years ago so had to apply for a new one. She got her new passport in a couple of weeks which I thought was incredibly fast. Point being that if you can find the time to update it you'll probably get it back pretty quickly.
I am continuing to think positively about the border being opened, but it sure is frustrating...

101 - 120 of 148 Posts