CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
This trip wont happen this year but when the border opens back up for you guys consider adding the Cabot trail and the Gaspe peninsula onto the ride. They would both be the highlights of this trip.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Took about 30 days for mine to be renewed. But it returned in 3 different shipments! Original PP in one, the PP card in a second and the new PP in a third... I "assume" each item was processed at a different facility. Just mentioning it so no one is surprised like I was.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the update. I was getting a bit down on the idea of updating the passport because I thought it would take forever. As soon as I am able, I will get it updated. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Sweet! Thanks for the update. I was getting a bit down on the idea of updating the passport because I thought it would take forever. As soon as I am able, I will get it updated. Fingers crossed!
GLWTS, you gonna ride a different bike or cancel all together?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
GLWTS, you gonna ride a different bike or cancel all together?

Hey Man!

If my CTX is still in the garage, I may want to ride it! But, I may want to ride the BMW. Either way, I have the trip on the calendar and I am looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Less than 2.5 months out, getting anxious! I think Brian called it correctly that pent up demand may make reservations more difficult as we get closer. A trip I recently planned involved several last minute changes to routes and time because the motels I was counting on filled up before I made a reservation. Now we have cicada's and gas shortages, both of which should be short lived I'm hoping...

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Hang in there guys. Motels to make reservations will be posted soon!

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
@troystg - So glad you posted that as it spurred me on to download all mine onto phone as well. Now if only I could figure out how to sort the list a bit better....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
It won't all fit on my phone..

That is a Fiio m6 player and unfortunately I don't have an SD card big enough for all my music on that either.

I'm not paying $300 for a 1TB microSD card, the player was only $130!

But it was NOT convenient to swap microSD cards either as it takes a long time for the device to index that many items.

But the player has Bluetooth so I can pair it with the bike and not have to worry about music for a trip of ANY length.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Hey All!

Thanks for the updated information on motels. I was wondering about that. Good to know we have not made those plans yet, but that they are coming.

Peace,
Chris

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
@BlueThunder - Hey, was wondering if you can post the final date and place for our ride. I'm planning additional days while I'm up there and I need to plan my ride and places to stay. Getting anxious and excited!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Well, this is encouraging. Lots of articles online now stating the border will open soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI there, the miracle I was hoping for just doesn't happen. I just can't come up with the vacation days required to participate in this trip. My only option would be to cancel the meetup in the mountains and I'm not gone let this happen. Bummer, but regretfully- I'm out. You guys have a fun and safe trip up there & see you all in September.
German Georg.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I was excited until I saw

"International travel from all other states than Maine into New Brunswick will still have to follow a 14-day quarantine period upon entry on July 1. All travel restrictions will end by Aug. 2, according to the Path to Green plan. "

So no non-resident of Maine CANNOT freely travel across the border in early July - you would need to wait until early August.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
HI there, the miracle I was hoping for just doesn't happen. I just can't come up with the vacation days required to participate in this trip. My only option would be to cancel the meetup in the mountains and I'm not gone let this happen. Bummer, but regretfully- I'm out. You guys have a fun and safe trip up there & see you all in September.
German Georg.
Sorry to hear that but glad you’ll be there for September!

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Since I’m debating to ride or trailer the bike to Oriskany, is anyone else returning to this area after the ride? Would there be a good safe location to leave my car / trailer?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Troy and Chris are trailering too I believe. Brian mentioned talking with motel about leaving trailers there obviously with whatever you pulled the trailer with too. You might just want to check with motel to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Troy and Chris are trailering too I believe. Brian mentioned talking with motel about leaving trailers there obviously with whatever you pulled the trailer with too. You might just want to check with motel to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has the hotel accommodations been finalized? Last I had heard it was not. Still waiting on those details.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Chris I have one night, the day I arrive booked at this place. I believe it was mentioned in a previous post.
But nothing booked past that.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts