CTX 1300 Forum banner

Dates?

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I have been wrestling with it for a while..

Since we are in June and the border is/will be closed I am canceling my trip up.

I will be waiting for the border to be open to make the 16 hour by car, >20 hr by bike trek up. And at that time I will make the circle from Toronto to Nova Scotia to Maine and back to NY.

The fall g2g is still planned and reserved.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
But please don't let my absence stop the rest of the group from doing the trip. I have to be very selective with my sparse vacation time and Canada was my reason for the trip.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I’m guessing last possible chance will come up soon with the current June 22 deadline. Lots of media sources say it will open but Trudeau keeps saying “not so fast” as he wants 70% compliance with vaccine. I’m not so sure that will ever happen.
Been looking forward to this trip since last Fall when Troy first suggested. I have to agree that if the original premise of touring into Canada is not available now I may rethink it. I’m in a wait and see mode now but absolutely not making any decision yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’m guessing last possible chance will come up soon with the current June 22 deadline. Lots of media sources say it will open but Trudeau keeps saying “not so fast” as he wants 70% compliance with vaccine. I’m not so sure that will ever happen.
Been looking forward to this trip since last Fall when Troy first suggested. I have to agree that if the original premise of touring into Canada is not available now I may rethink it. I’m in a wait and see mode now but absolutely not making any decision yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My personal belief is that Trudeau doesn’t want us Canucks crossing the border and seeing first hand how well y’all are doing in the U.S., as it would be embarrassing for him and his lockdown loving government.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Well, considering the uncertain boarder situation and some unexpected family health issues (my South Florida Family) I don't think it will be responsible for me to attend this ride. I have had that week blocked out and protected on my personal calendar since we decided on the dates. Bummer.

I just got home from Ft. Myers FL (Southwest FL Coast). Last week my Aunt was diagnosed with late stage stomach cancer. This came as a shock to my entire family. My Aunt is our oldest living relative on my Dad's side (70), loved by all, and this diagnosis was unexpected. As soon as I learned of this (late evening Memorial Day), I shifted my schedule around and made the 12 hour drive to South Florida to spend time with her. I was not the only one who made the trip! My entire family, from PA/NJ, came down as well. We had a little family reunion. I don't know how much time she has left, but I think I need to stay close to home for a while just in case I am needed in FL. I still plan to ride, as long as I am within my region, I can easily get down to FL on a moments notice.

When I was in FL, I learned the cancer had spread throughout her entire GI tract (stomach, intestine, esophagus) and is in her bones (Pelvic). The cancer is in her bladder and her ureters have stopped functioning. With that said her kidneys are not able to release fluids and have started to shut down too. Based on what I know about late-stage cancer, my Aunt may not have much time left. She is at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa now. Some family members are wanting her to start chemo, with the possibility of radiation. But, I think she will choose to receive no treatment. She is a Southern Baptist Christian, lived a great life, and is not afraid.

Sorry everyone. I will need to back out of our NE Canada ride. We can still do this trip in the future in the Post-Covid era. I still plan to be at a few rides here in my local area this summer (Blue Ridge Mountains) since all riding destinations are a short ride away from my house. I have full intentions of attending our annual Meetup in the Mountains this Sept.

Peace,
Chris Hansen

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
So sorry to hear about your Aunt Chris. I'll be thinking about you and your family as you face this tough diagnosis. It truly sounds like your Aunt is a very loved part of your family and I know she's grateful to have the family visit and show their love.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts