CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well last years ride got covid'ed...

So I am going to try again for this June or July while it is hot down here in the south.

1. I am shooting for shorter days incase there's something worth stopping to see.
2. I stay at the Marriott chains / affiliates.
3. I will trailer up to Allegheny NY and ride the loop from, and back to, there.
4. I have passport and vaccination.
5. I'm stuck in Rimouski, Quebec, Canada. I can't find a Marriott around there and that is about the extent of the distance I want to travel that day. I want to do the coast ride during daylight.
6. Open to suggestions...
7. Is it too much for 7 days?

Anyone interested in joining?

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Are you thinking 7 days total for your trip or 7 days riding? And yes I’m interested! As long as my new knee cooperates and i gain some stamina back I’m ready to go. I’ve been working on my schedule for the summer with my family already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 2 cents, The one thing I found crossing Canada last year was hotels had 50% room closure (covid). I crossed Northern Ontario and had difficulty getting a room for the night. As for taking 7 days for a ride, I believe that's personal choice. I like to do about 800 klm / day. Hotels for me are Marriott, Holiday Inn, Best Western, then others. I may be interested if I cant get into the US in May / June.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
520 Posts
Canada seems to be quite paranoid about Covid... I would suggest that route planning have the contingency of being just a US ride.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Looking for some feedback on a route thru CAN:

7 days riding
June/July timeframe
Start and Finish same place for those trailering
Preferably no more than 45 hours total
End Goal is Nova Scotia and Cabot Trail
No more highway than is necessary

First need to agree on somewhat of a route and then can go into more detail with where to stay, etc. With all things considered I think the Binghamton area would be a good start/stop place.

Check out this google map:

https://goo.gl/maps/Tk79rMYqRdHhkhpX8

Constructive Feedback please!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking for some feedback on a route thru CAN:

7 days riding
June/July timeframe
Start and Finish same place for those trailering
Preferably no more than 45 hours total
End Goal is Nova Scotia and Cabot Trail
No more highway than is necessary

First need to agree on somewhat of a route and then can go into more detail with where to stay, etc. With all things considered I think the Binghamton area would be a good start/stop place.

Check out this google map:

https://goo.gl/maps/Tk79rMYqRdHhkhpX8

I’ve been once we took the ferry at St Johns came back through Moncton

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I’ve been once we took the ferry at St Johns came back through Moncton
Personally, I want to take the ferry. This is an easy switch if others want to take it as well. Currently, website shows one way trip is about 2.25 hours with cost of $51 per person and $61 per motorcycle. If you are over 60 the per person drops to $41. Reservations are needed with a $25 no show fee.

Taking the ferry will add some time to the overall trip.

FYI - there is a ferry between Bar Harbor and Nova Scotia which is 3.5 hours. I can't find more info on this one as it's been closed due to Covid. They state the service will start back up Spring of 22.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I got a poll set up so folks can select preferred dates. It's in the following thread:

As for dates, keep in mind there is a SW meetup June 2 - 5th approximately. if it wasn't 2000 miles from my house I would attend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts