CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking on here, for a few months. I thought it was time to join. My name is Garry, my friends call me GT. I am very confused on what bike to get. I have been riding for 30+ years, but have been bikeless due to life etc for around a year. Whats the difference between the standard ctx1300 and the deluxe? is it only ABS, traction control and the audio? does the standard one have, any audio at all? I have the chance of a leftover 2014 for $11495 is that even a good deal?

Thank you in advance.

· Registered
2,179 Posts
Welcome to the forum, GT!

What the Deluxe has over the standard are ABS, traction control, audio system w/ blue tooth, auto-cancelling turn signals, and blacked out wheels and trim. Standard has no audio; they left the speaker grilles, but I can't remember if the speakers are in there or not. I've seen people get slightly better deals, but $11,495 isn't bad at all.

· Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,126 Posts
Hey Man! Sleepngbear said it all. The Deluxe is the way to go in my opinion, especially at that price!! In my area (NC) they are still selling the Deluxe at a much higher rate.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
I paid mine (red Deluxe in Colorado) $10500 + $500 dealer fees a month ago, $11500 is still a very good deal in May.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,116 Posts
Welcome @welshintheusa! who needs a replacement!?
As was said by a friend to a member who posted here recently "It's a Honda, it'll last forever."
So what does it matter if there are any more model years made... unless Honda has some really significant changes to introduce I see no need for one. A unique bike in it's own class to which no one else has anything close!

· Registered
1,185 Posts
cycletrader.com gives an average price of $12,981 for the new standard model over 243 bikes allover US.
For the deluxe model the average price is $14,351 over 263 bikes.
Honestly I'm not sure why I paid only $10,500 in Denver since only a Red one was listed at that price. A Black and Blue deluxe models were $2-3K more but nevertheless they have been sold as well very quickly.

· Registered
116 Posts
I paid 12.5K for a black deluxe. If you can get a deluxe edition for another 1k then go for it. The ABS and traction control alone are worth the money, the other options are just the cherry on top. And on whether to buy it or not, I would buy my bike again in a heartbeat, that's the sign of a happy consumer!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Welcome @welshintheusa! who needs a replacement!?
As was said by a friend to a member who posted here recently "It's a Honda, it'll last forever."
So what does it matter if there are any more model years made... unless Honda has some really significant changes to introduce I see no need for one. A unique bike in it's own class to which no one else has anything close!

My point is through the years, every main Motorcycle manufacture, has hit on a model which they run for many years. Mainly because of its wining formula, due to sales and popularity. Even if you want to talk about Honda, its Goldwing has been around, in various guises since the mid 70's. So I guess I am kinda concerned, that although the CTX1300 may be a fantastic motorcycle, why was it made for such a short time? Not even available as a 2015? This is not a nasty post, I just really am confused and or anxious, that something else maybe available for 2016. Although I can pick one up, way cheaper than the original msrp, does this not concern anyone who purchased one at the original price? As I mentioned I have been riding 30+ yrs, and worked in the motorcycle industry for 15 years.
It normally is not a good thing, when a model is dropped in such a short time.
:ty:

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,116 Posts
Did not take it as a nasty post. I understand your point. I used to ride a Gold Wing. While I don't have the experience you have in the industry nor on a bike I am one who is not really concerned about only one model year... so far. It remains to be seen what the future holds. I do know that Honda is going through a tough time right now with the head being replaced and other things already mentioned in other posts here and on the other forum I am on (ST-Owners.com). I've owned a discontinued bike before, discontinued by 8 years. Never had an issue with that (even though it was a Harley). This is a new Honda and uses a very well proven engine with lots of support. If that bothers some riders, that's OK. Some riders just have to have "current" models that are continuing in the lineup. I do think this is a great bike and my point is that if there is not another model year again that doesn't change the 2014 model IMHO. I do believe that there would be many more sales of the CTX1300 if there were continuing model years, but I'm happy to have mine.

· Registered
42 Posts
Honda priced themselves out of the market in the beginning. Had they priced them as they are currently advertising them they would have sold at a much faster pace. If they were still asking the original price of 15,900 for the standard I doubt you would even be considering it with all the others in that price range. But the engine/powertrain is rock solid. IMHO it is the best drivetrain in Hondas lineup. The weight of the machine is spot on, the smoothness, the power. It is what I had asked for, for years. But at it's release even I was put off by the price. I waited until I got a deal I was comfortable with and got a Deluxe, added a tall Cee Baileys windshield, Givi rack and Givi Box.
It truly is a fantastic machine.

· Registered
116 Posts
I am sure it does bother some that the price was reduced. I can only speak as on that bought in March at the reduced price. I like my bike more tonight then the day I bought it and I think I got a great bargain and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

· Registered
2,179 Posts
I put down a deposit on mine before these had even hit the showrooms. Mine was still on the ship. Because no one had even seen them yet other than in pictures, I got a whopping $500 off original MSRP. No rebate, no discount, no $1000 worth of free accessories. And I don't care one whit. I bought this bike because it's the one I'd been waiting for for years. I paid what I paid for it because I wanted it then and the price was what I was willing to pay. What happened after that is well out of my control, so there's no point in whining about it, especially since I plan on keeping this one a long time. If I flipped bikes regularly, maybe I'd be a little more upset about it; but then again, if I bought and sold these things to make money, I'm sure I'd probably also be more prudent about what I purchase. But I don't -- I buy them to ride them.

People need to remember, these things NEVER go up in value, they only go down, from the moment you take them off the lot. Anybody who bought at or near full price like I did, well, that's the risk we take for being early adopters. I'm not trying to be nasty here either; but if you're not prepared for the possibility of a price drop (which, incidentally is partially due to the value of the dollar across the pond and NOT entirely due to low sales), then maybe you ought not be making expensive purchases of stuff fresh off the drawing board.

Does it concern me? Nope. I got mine when I did, I've been enjoying it for a year already, and I plan on enjoying it for many more. When I decide to trade it in or just sell it (IF that happens before I'm dead), I'll get what I can get for it and that will be that.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well thank you to all, who responded. It shows how much easier life is, dealing with mature adults. This bike is still up there as my next purchase. I have a trip planned back to my home Country of wales in 2 weeks, on my return in july I will make my decision. You lovely people will be the first to know.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
I see this a bit different I guess. I have had other brands where to many of a particular model was released, then a year was skipped just to sell off stock. The CTX1300 was introduced at a later time than other 2014 models. So I just figured it made sense to skip a year, then start the 2016 in the same cycle as the other models with the knowledge now of how many to produce so they would be in line with the market.

· Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Honda is still stocking and selling this motorcycle. Still has a webpage for it. Still selling accessories. In other words, Honda has not "dropped it."

As for your question "does this not concern anyone who purchased one at the original price," what do you expect someone to say? Some have addressed that question elsewhere on this forum, as in, "Too bad, but I'm happy anyway."

Life is uncertain. No guarantees. Perhaps you should wait another year till Honda releases the 2016. Then you'll know for [more] sure.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honda is still stocking and selling this motorcycle. Still has a webpage for it. Still selling accessories. In other words, Honda has not "dropped it."

Life is uncertain. No guarantees. Perhaps you should wait another year till Honda releases the 2016. Then you'll know for [more] sure.
I still am in the loop, its not available in Europe or the U/S market in 2016. Plus parts will be available, for many years to come although its dropped.

· Premium Member
37 Posts
Honda has done this before, started and stopped production of a particular niche market motorcycle.

Have you ever heard of the Honda PC800 Pacific Coast? It is a bike which Honda stopped production on for three years and it has obtained a cult like following.

In general Honda makes machines which have bullet proof dependability, so who cares if the CTX 1300 is discontinued, be it temporary or permanent.
You purchased it because it was the bike you wanted at the time, who knows, in the future you may decide that a Victory Vision is the bike you want.

· Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Have you ever heard of the Honda PC800 Pacific Coast? It is a bike which Honda stopped production on for three years and it has obtained a cult like following.
Are we part of a cult? I've always wanted to be part of a cult.:smileygarden_de_ban

Reactions: Richard Fischer
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.