CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for adding me to the forum.

I do not own a CTX 1300 as of yet, but seriously on the look out for one.

Currently riding a 2002 Triumph Bonneville America, which is reliable as sunrise but long in the tooth.

I will be lurking & gathering information & opinions more than actual posting in the near term.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Hello! I did some lurking here and there before buying too.
I've read through a lot of the early introductions on this forum and many say this is the best handling bike they've ever owned. I have owned three smaller cruisers with much lower seat heights and I have to agree with the handling comments.
I wasn't sure at first if I'd like the higher seating but was hooked before I got home with it (a 2-1/2 hour ride).
Search for comments on the mirrors. It's the only negative about the bike. Their placement puts the grips in the way of a good view, but a little handlebar adjustment makes it tolerable. Some add handlebar mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Welcome aboard. Always like the styling of Triumph except for that three cyl which I thought was horrid. But that's just me. I think you'll enjoy the CTX1300 and used prices for low mileage bikes isn't bad in my opinion. Stay safe and enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Welcome aboard. Always like the styling of Triumph except for that three cyl which I thought was horrid. But that's just me. I think you'll enjoy the CTX1300 and used prices for low mileage bikes isn't bad in my opinion. Stay safe and enjoy the ride.
I'm like you. Around 2000 I was looking at a Triumph and thought that three cylinder should be covered up under a hood or something.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello and welcome! I bought mine after lurking, much like you. I have had multiple bikes over the years, but the last 3 were a Honda Shadow 750 classic, a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, and a Vulcan 1700 classic. The CTX was exactly what I was looking for in a bike. It handles like a sport tourer, is shorter (I'm 5'8") and the weight is very centered. The lower center of gravity makes it seem much lighter than it is. I have found over the year, as I got comfortable I drive it way too fast, I hive ridden it and have desire to ride it way more than any of the cruisers, the bar vibration was a bit unsettling at first, but a set of grip puppies basically eliminated it, removing the plastic requires immense patience and a bag of extra pins ($6 on amazon) I did put the extra mirrors on.
If you take a test ride, you'll fall in love with it... It as truly a unique bike, and the attention it gets is always kinda fun! (everyone wants to know what it is!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts