CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new CTX 1300 owner having graduated from a 2004 Honda Reflex Scooter. Quite an improvement! Rode the Reflex until its deficiencies prompted me to "go big, or go home". I bought the unit near new with only 1700 miles on the ODO off CycleTrader from a dealer in Tenn. I love the cruiser riding position but wanted the sportiness of the CTX styling. First considered a ST1300 but those are getting a bit too old in the tooth. Too bad Honda no longer imports these bikes. They check all my boxes. I live in Huntersville, NC just outside Charlotte. Love the mountains, but the coast is only three hours away so spend some time there as well. Looking forward to doing some camping trips on my CTX this Spring. I bought the bike for weekend touring but want to consider a cross country trek as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike and congrats on the CTX1300!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should check out the Meet Up In The Mountains for 2021. Several CTX 1300s from NC will be there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm just up NC16 in Hickory, NC. I bought my CTX1300 2 years ago in Mooresville, NC and have put about 9000 miles on it so far. It's a great bike for everything from highways to mountain twisties.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
988 Posts
Bravo on the purchase! We are not too far from another. There is a group of us from SC/NC that ride together and meetup for our annual Fall ride. Hope to meet you and ride sometime!

Oh, I am in Anderson SC.

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm a new CTX 1300 owner having graduated from a 2004 Honda Reflex Scooter. Quite an improvement! Rode the Reflex until its deficiencies prompted me to "go big, or go home". I bought the unit near new with only 1700 miles on the ODO off CycleTrader from a dealer in Tenn. I love the cruiser riding position but wanted the sportiness of the CTX styling. First considered a ST1300 but those are getting a bit too old in the tooth. Too bad Honda no longer imports these bikes. They check all my boxes. I live in Huntersville, NC just outside Charlotte. Love the mountains, but the coast is only three hours away so spend some time there as well. Looking forward to doing some camping trips on my CTX this Spring. I bought the bike for weekend touring but want to consider a cross country trek as well.

Welcome mike

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome aboard, Mike !!!

Reactions: MikeThorn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum. I'm just up NC16 in Hickory, NC. I bought my CTX1300 2 years ago in Mooresville, NC and have put about 9000 miles on it so far. It's a great bike for everything from highways to mountain twisties.
I'm originally from Hickory. Practiced real estate there for 15+ years. My ex still owns a real estate company in the market and my son sells there. Name is Mike Thornburg. Company is Thornburg Realty. I get to Hickory from time to time, love to grab a beer and talk CTX. I'm just migrating from a Honda Reflex 250 Scooter and the CTX is huge compared to my scooter. I plan to do some weekend touring and longer trips before I get too old to ride. Nice to hear from you Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bravo on the purchase! We are not too far from another. There is a group of us from SC/NC that ride together and meetup for our annual Fall ride. Hope to meet you and ride sometime!

Oh, I am in Anderson SC.

Peace,
Chris
Love to learn how to ride in a group. I'm old but this dog can learn a few new tricks. Looking forward to warm weather so I can weekend tour and longer trips. Thanks for reaching out. Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum. You should check out the Meet Up In The Mountains for 2021. Several CTX 1300s from NC will be there.
I'd love to learn more about Meet Up in the Mountains 2021. Is there a website? Please keep me posted, I'm all in. Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum Mike and congrats on the CTX1300!
Thanks for reaching out. I'm trying to get in touch with the guy on this forum who builds the saddlebag guards. I've messaged but no response as yet. I love the design and functionality. Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heya Mike, rideing in group is easy.
Simple rules:
Organized like Roman legion
Most experienced guy in the front and back
Road Captain and Tail Gunner
Staggered formation
No overtaking while in formation
Novices first, just behind the Road captain,
More experienced the rider is, further back he/ she is.
It is fun in the back. Experience driver job is to keep the formation short and compact.
Tail gunner, protects the formation against stupid overtakers.
Good group will also have bishops who block intersection s while the formation is moving trough.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I'd love to learn more about Meet Up in the Mountains 2021. Is there a website? Please keep me posted, I'm all in. Mike
Here you go. It is on this forum under events & gatherings. It is the same Fall meet up @HansenCTX mentions in his post.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm originally from Hickory. Practiced real estate there for 15+ years. My ex still owns a real estate company in the market and my son sells there. Name is Mike Thornburg. Company is Thornburg Realty. I get to Hickory from time to time, love to grab a beer and talk CTX. I'm just migrating from a Honda Reflex 250 Scooter and the CTX is huge compared to my scooter. I plan to do some weekend touring and longer trips before I get too old to ride. Nice to hear from you Mike
Just message me in the Conversations section of the forum when you plan to be in Hickory. I have family in Huntersville and Belmont also so I am down that way often. The Meetup in the Mountains can be found in the Events & Gatherings section of General Discussion of the Forum. I have camped the past two years at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in 2019 and Two Wheels of Suches in 2020. Next year is scheduled for Fancy Gap Campground and Cabins in September.
We had freezing temperatures in 2019 and a tropical storm in 2020 but we always have a great time,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heya Mike, rideing in group is easy.
Simple rules:
Organized like Roman legion
Most experienced guy in the front and back
Road Captain and Tail Gunner
Staggered formation
No overtaking while in formation
Novices first, just behind the Road captain,
More experienced the rider is, further back he/ she is.
It is fun in the back. Experience driver job is to keep the formation short and compact.
Tail gunner, protects the formation against stupid overtakers.
Good group will also have bishops who block intersection s while the formation is moving trough.
Thanks, can't wait for warm weather and group riding. Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome! This forum will teach you a lot. Read as much as you can about this bike. Don't get discouraged about the "features" you'll read about. Most are quick fixes or just something to be aware about. This is a great bike and you'll love it. You can go 5 miles or 500 in a day. The Honda V4 loves to go all day at highway speeds. Oh, and reach out to anyone for additional information.
Dan (redenbacher)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts