CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My name is Terence and I now own my CTX-1300. I am excited to be back in the Honda family. My last bike was the V Magna which I had in college. Almost 30 years later, I am back in the saddle. It feels sooo good.

Could someone recommend highway pegs for my bike?

I do not want to add extra to my bike. I like to keep it simple and neat looking.

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Welcome @Dr. Terence !
I hear that a lot... about riding when somewhat younger and then taking a long break before getting back on 2 wheels. I did that but only around 18 years.

Kuryakyn makes great highway or forward pegs. Jump on over to the Technical Section, Appearance & Body subforum to see many threads that discuss what others have done. Some used an offset mount from Kuryakyn along with pegs from the same to mount on the frame tube just at or behind the bend in the exhaust. Many more have bought the brackets that are special made for the CTX1300 by a member ( @menosabe ). There are 2 sticky threads at the top of that subforum about those. Install the brackets and mount your choice of highway pegs on them. Usually also from Kuryakyn but don't have to be. If you go with the brackets it is best to email menosabe directly using his email address. Find that by clicking on his name and looking in the "About" page on his profile. He also makes Saddlebag Guards if you don't have those installed. He is the only one making those for the CTX1300. All on his own time with his own materials.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome @Dr. Terence -- you will also want to visit this thread:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome from the Chicago area Dr.Terrance

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome from Southern California. Nothing like that feeling when the "I love to ride" bug bites you again!! Enjoy!
Stirling

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
964 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the group. Great bike line up. My first 'road' bike was a 1994 Honda Magna VF750C. I loved that bike! The Honda CTX1300 is a good one. I have owned mine since August 2014, logged many miles around the country, and I still cannot get enough!

Hope we get to meetup and ride sometime.

Peace,
Chris (aka, HansenCTX)

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Welcome to the group. I was out of riding for several years. When I got restarted it was with a Honda 1100 Shadow. Many bikes later I have a CTX 1300. You may have started with one you can keep for a long time! Ha. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BravoBravo

·
Registered
810 Posts
Looks like a lot of us got the V4 bug through the Magna 750. I still own my 94 Magna and my CTX1300 deluxe. I ride the Magna for short day rides and the CTX for long rides. It’s a hard decision which one to take. As far as road pegs, I used the Menosabe saddlebag guards and the forward road peg mounts with Kuryakyn road pegs mounted to them. You can also mount additional lighting to the mounts if you want. The saddlebag guards will save you a lot of money in the event your CTX ever takes a nap. It saved mine in the garage when I didn’t get the side stand all the way down. Wishing you many smiles of enjoyment with your CTX and welcome to the V4 gang! Also if your CTX doesn’t have a centerstand, you can get one through your Honda dealer. They are great for general maintenance and checking oil level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts