CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Honda, which is a CTX1300. Up until two months ago I was a Harley owner/rider. However on long rides, my Harley wore me out and the shaky idle at lights was driving me crazy. My riding buddy has a Honda F6B which I ride occasionally. His F6B is smooth as glass and I like it pretty well, but I can't stand the bubble-butt look. So I went to a local Honda/Kawasaki dealer and tried out many bikes. I settled on a "retro" CB1100 and while it was in make-ready, my wife had me look at another bike... it was a red CTX 1300. After a few minutes, I told the salesman forget the CB1100 I want this red CTX1300.

Here it is, 2 1/2 months later and 2800 miles on it. I love this bike. I have since added a tall windshield, and a GPS. I ride it every chance I get however when I ride in town, I remove the bags. The CTX1300 as it has a great sport-bike look with the bags off.

That water-cooled V4 is super smooth and has a great tone to it. I don't believe Harley Davidson will ever get another motorcycle dollar from me.

I have posted my CTX with & without the bags so you can see it really looks great as a sport bike....

I get people ask me about the bike almost every time I go out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Glad you found a bike that makes you smile again. I knew I fell in love with the CTX1300 when I would look back every time I walked away. The folks on this forum are friendly and helpful if you should come across an issue. Great to have ya.

Reactions: jeffz

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey Mark,
Yep, looking good. Nice Lone Star decal.
Sounds like you have been one of the lucky ones without to much rain.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, Mark F!
I also love the look of the bike without the bags. Unfortunately for me, most of the time I'm hauling stuff and I have things in the bags. In fact (and don't tell wifey this!) I usually get in a few extra miles every week just by saying "Hey, we're out of milk... should I pop out to the store and get a gallon? The bike's already out.."
I also like your Texas decal. I've been toying with the idea of putting a chrome Superman 'S' in that same spot, but now I might want something else. That space just seems to beg for some kind of accent.
Anyway, have fun and thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Y'all,

We have been getting massive rains and flooding here in North Texas, but that doesn't keep me off my bike! As soon as it stops raining, I'm riding. By the end of this month, we will have recorded the most rain-fall in 127 years! It will quit eventually. Today I rode 97 miles and didn't hit a bit of rain. As soon as I pulled in the garage we got a deluge of rain... 1 1/2" in an hour. I'm getting close to my second oil change and I'll probably do the final drive too. I want to switch to full synthetic but my Honda Dealer says wait until I get 8000 mile on it. I suppose I can wait it out...

One of my other riding buddies rode my CTX1300 and he really like it, and he rides some fancy BMW. The only thing he has that I wished my CTX had is CRUISE CONTROL. I have one of those little throttle locks. I guess I can't have it all.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Hey, if you want cruise control McCruise.com is waiting for someone to loan them a CTX1300 to put the first system on. If you're close and don't mind being without (eek!) the bike for a couple of weeks, I think they do it pretty much no charge.

Update: never mind, I think they're in Australia. :(

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Red

Red!

Red!!

Red!!!

Reactions: shane

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on your bike. :smileygarden_de_ban:smileygarden_de_ban:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mark,

You GET IT! Electric cruise is something Honda needed to offer as an option. Every other bike in the category has it, Honda wasn't very smart on this one.

You do a lot of riding, which with 2 1/2 months that is great. I have about the same amount of miles in a slightly more length of time, but I usually will get around 12,000 miles in per season.

There are a few out there that think the throttle lock is the answer, but that is delusional in some ways. I am on the road to a lot of places, and always stop at the motorcycle dealerships and talk to them about business, since I am a consultant in the sales side of the automotive business. I have not had one dealer that hasn't told me that if they had offered cruise control on the F6B they would have tripled their sales, AND they can't figure out why it isn't available on the "flagship" for "technology from Honda". I can't answer the question why, but the F6B has cruise control for 2015!

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome you have one sweet ride there. I know she's going to feel good between your knees!

Tony

Reactions: menosabe
1 - 14 of 14 Posts