CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all! I'm Chuck from Venice, Fl. Riding since the mid 80s, first bike was a Kawasaki 454 LTD. I stopped into my local Honda dealer the check out the F6B, when I noticed the CTX sitting next to it. I had never heard of or seen one before [missed the reviews in CW and MC].

As soon as I threw a leg over it, I knew. I'd been looking at baggers, and this was just what I wanted. A test drive the next day, and it came home with me that afternoon. Traded in my Triumph Thunderbird without even looking back.

I get it now. "It's a Honda". This bike does everything so well, it's scary...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome @Tallboy,
Yep, got me the same way, hook line and sinker. What color ya get? And accessories?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tallboy. Congrats on your new ride! Your gonna love it more as you ride it! What color did you get??? I'm afraid the red is starting to be the minority now. Did you get a Standard or Deluxe model? You guys got it made down there in Florida with the awesome bike riding weather down there. I was in Orlando a couple of weeks ago for training for my work and man it sure would've been nice if I could have had my bike down there to do some riding.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Nothing like a good 'love at first sight' story. :)

Congrats on your excellent choice for a new ride, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is a red deluxe. There was a blue standard next to it, but i liked the bells and whistles on this one. The more I Ride it, the more i like it.

Even the ignition key is 'better'. This bike puts my Triumlph and my past bikes (HD and Kawasaki) to shame.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
RED! :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello, all! I'm Chuck from Venice, Fl. Riding since the mid 80s, first bike was a Kawasaki 454 LTD. I stopped into my local Honda dealer the check out the F6B, when I noticed the CTX sitting next to it. I had never heard of or seen one before [missed the reviews in CW and MC].

As soon as I threw a leg over it, I knew. I'd been looking at baggers, and this was just what I wanted. A test drive the next day, and it came home with me that afternoon. Traded in my Triumph Thunderbird without even looking back.

I get it now. "It's a Honda". This bike does everything so well, it's scary...

there is really nothing like a honda. And they aren't snooty about it.
I would put my life on Honda quality without a second thought. Its the only machine id trust to be on in the middle of the desert, in hostile traffic, in intense heat, etc. it is a rock solid performer.

I think after owning one, most people dont even look at other brands... well, seriously anyway.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
My first bike was a Suzuki. Not soon after that I got an old school Honda Trail 110! That bike was fun. I have been on a Honda ever since.

1994 Honda VF750C Magna
2010 Honda Fury
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts