CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTX1300 Candy Red and a 2020 CF Moto 600 Touring ATV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 53 years old and started riding when I was six. rode, and tracked sport bikes, Owned several Harleys and traded a 2020 sporty in on a 2014 CTX 1300 Deluxe with 6k miles. I currently suffer from nerve damage in my left leg and will be needing lower back surgery soon. I sold of my Ultra Limited, for another Sporty to put around on. Well the bike was fun but I was not able to go long distance. As my nerve damage progressed I was out looking for a Spyder. I remember seeing a CTX at the Motorcycle show in St. Louis back in 2014. I wanted that bike but could not justify the current price. Anyways.. The dealer I was working with on a Spyder took a 2014 CTX Deluxe in on consignment. I drove up to the shop threw my leg over it, then took it for a test ride, and purchased it. Much lighter than than the Ultra, (not top heavy) and way more comfortable than the Sporty. I have parts coming in to get her ready for some fall camping trips and hopefully heading back to the Smokey Mountains as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Mrrw60
I have always felt the CTX1300 to have the best stock seat around. And I've been on one or two comfy bikes to ride like my GL1500 Gold Wing. There may be one or two after market seats that are as comfy or possibly more so but I felt I couldn't improve on the stock seat for this bike. Hope this one works well for you for riding your trips.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum from London, Ontario, Canada! 🇨🇦 You made a great choice in the CTX 1300. I traded in a 2017 Yamaha FJ09 for my CTX, as I found the ergonomics and comfort of the CTX irresistible. It has been a wonderful bike for me. I absolutely love it! Enjoy, and best of luck to you with your surgery.
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. It appears the original owner of the bike may have been owned by a member. The bike has the saddlebag guards, and the mounts for highway pegs that may have been purchase from a member on here who is or was making them. Anyways I only had the chance to take the bike out once last week before we went on vacation. I am back and started to install my parts and accessories. I installed the 12v adapter that mounts under seat, installed a Ram mount ball onto the handlebar clamp for my Mount X, installed my heated gear 12v dongle, and waiting on the trunk, and mounting plate. Still need to get the key tumbler assembled to accept my key. Few more items I will add in the coming weeks. I am hoping to do a solo camping trip to the Gatlinburg area by early October.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome, @Mrrw60 - from Deep South Texas!!!

How about pushing your Gatlinburg trip up a week or two and 219 miles farther ENE. We are having our annual Meetup in the Mountains based out of Fancy Gap, VA, the 23rd thru 26th of September. Details can be found in the “Meetup in the Mountains, 2021” thread in the Events and Gatherings section. Would love to have you there!!

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, @Mrrw60 - from Deep South Texas!!!

How about pushing your Gatlinburg trip up a week or two and 219 miles farther ENE. We are having our annual Meetup in the Mountains based out of Fancy Gap, VA, the 23rd thru 26th of September. Details can be found in the “Meetup in the Mountains, 2021” thread in the Events and Gatherings section. Would love to have you there!!
I would love to but. I have to fly down to Phoenix in September for family business.

·
Registered
679 Posts
When you get that trunk, check for one VERY important part. The latch mechanism for the trunk lock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carrier and trunk installed. I am not going to attempt to install the tumblers. Tomorrow I am taking the lock set to our local locksmith to assemble Then head of the the Harley dealer to get my refund from the extended warranty that they extorted me to purchase in order to get a lower interest rate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome from the Island down under the Land down Under, Tasmania Australia. I have had the beast for over 3 years now and love her more each day. Love our windy roads and lack of police to really put her through her paces. I'm sure you will love riding as much as we all do in here. I do have a YouTube channel with my rides on the beast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfPKiepeeQ4ZqEnzq-GmRtA/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts