1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
New CTX owner.
Jumped from 700 to 1300.
It was delivered from the USA to Ukraine.
If you are a previous owner of ( JH2SC745XEK000573 ) - say hello.
P.S. looking for some parts, the most important mount plate for the central bag!

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow congratulations @Vik !! How did you arrange for transport ?

If you cannot find the OEM plate you could try for the Givi SR1134 and use a Givi Bag. I believe they still can be found in Europe.

Good luck with it and I really hope you can ride it in peace!! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If you cannot find the OEM plate you could try for the Givi SR1134 and use a Givi Bag. I believe they still can be found in Europe.

We have a lot of companies that can deliver a car or a motorcycle from the USA on ships.
Thank you for your advice about Givi Bag.
Appreciate your support.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
An alternative to Givi is Kapa.
Kapa also has the monolock and monokey systems.
If we can get @bob off his scooter long enough to confirm this.....

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Vik

Did daycare for my youngest grand daughter yesterday and today (every Thursday and Friday) and Seattle type weather today and thunderstorms Wednesday so no riding for a few days at least. But I did venture out on my AK 550 today to meet another forum admin for lunch as he was passing through my area.
Yes, Kappa is made by Givi. Owner of Givi bought and built up Kappa for his daughter many years ago. At least, that's the story I read. Almost identical quality of build and lower priced. I had a Givi E52 case on my first Burgman 650. Very nice case. Then I put a Kappa case on my last Burgman 650. It was branded as a Suzuki case but only the logo plates were changed from the stock Kappa case. Very few differences between that case and the Givi. I recommend the Kappa cases. Seems they are more available from sources in Europe than in the USA yet they are shipped here.
Both Kappa and Givi cases use the very same mounting systems and their mounting plates are interchangeable with each other. Both have the same Monokey and Monolock mounting system.

I did put a Bestem case on my ST1100 but didn't put any case on my CTX1300. Only the rear luggage rack was on that bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Vik. I have the Kappa K53 top case on my CTX1300 and Kappa K40N side cases on my Honda NC700X. Both shipped from Italy to the US. Also have Givi E22N side cases and Givi E450 and E300 top cases for the NC700X. All seem to be the same quality.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Vik

Did daycare for my youngest grand daughter yesterday and today (every Thursday and Friday) and Seattle type weather today and thunderstorms Wednesday so no riding for a few days at least. But I did venture out on my AK 550 today to meet another forum admin for lunch as he was passing through my area.
Yes, Kappa is made by Givi. Owner of Givi bought and built up Kappa for his daughter many years ago. At least, that's the story I read. Almost identical quality of build and lower priced. I had a Givi E52 case on my first Burgman 650. Very nice case. Then I put a Kappa case on my last Burgman 650. It was branded as a Suzuki case but only the logo plates were changed from the stock Kappa case. Very few differences between that case and the Givi. I recommend the Kappa cases. Seems they are more available from sources in Europe than in the USA yet they are shipped here.
Both Kappa and Givi cases use the very same mounting systems and their mounting plates are interchangeable with each other. Both have the same Monokey and Monolock mounting system.

I did put a Bestem case on my ST1100 but didn't put any case on my CTX1300. Only the rear luggage rack was on that bike.
Hey, wait a minute. I've seen those faces posted on a wall somewhere.
I'll post a pic of me after I get my Sons of Arthritis vest. I'm from the ibuprofen chapter on the east coast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts