CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm not new to riding, been doing that since 1979 or so. I've had a few bikes in my day. started with a Yamaha 185. That lasted about a week,
took it in for 1000 mile check up and dealer didn't get it done in a week of having it in his shop. went and picked it up, took it to the Honda shop, traded it in on a CX 500 , been riding Hondas ever since. went through several CX 500s , three or four Goldwings, A ST1300 and now new in the stable is a blue CTX 1300. Arthritis in the knee forced me off the ST 1300 which I dearly love to ride. Thats my story hope to meet members and find much out much more on this new ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Howdy @strawhat1! Welcome and congrats on the buy.
I wonder if you were on the ST-Owners forum? I am rjs987 over there... still.
I also started riding in 1979, but a move across country and starting a family took me away from riding for 18+ years and I was able to start in again in 2000.
I see you're in east central Wisconsin. If you're interested in camping and riding with others or just riding with others check out LOCSTOC, an ST-Owners forum event that I go to every year now. It's in Spring Green, WI. I posted about it in the events forum here for anyone interested to join with me there. There are motels in the town also for those who don't camp. June 18-21 (or any amount of time in between). I camp so am likely at the camp site when I'm not on the road riding. I usually don't ride with the big group but have in smaller groups and usually always meet up with the big group at their designated lunch spot each day. You're welcome to join.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
welcome to the CTX1300 forum!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome aboard. Got some experience (that reads as age here) under your belt. Signature lines here get kinda long with lots of bikes. Meaning lots of miles and knowledge on the board. Everyone has their own experience though and we welcome yours.
Sorry about you living so far up north though....riding season is too short for you guys.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah , thats me . Good group of people over there. Didn't make tech stoc last year, and missed it. Did make a California trip tho. 6200 miles in 17 days. J.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Welcome to the board. Check out my list of previous motorcycles, you will see a couple of the same bikes as you.

Rav

1 - 7 of 7 Posts