CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a retired aerospace tech living in N. Central Arkansas. I have been watching you tube videos and reading forum posts for awhile and yesterday 7-11-2015 I purchased my ctx1300 touring model for $9999.00 all fee's included. Traded my kawasaki in and rode the 110 smiles home. Wife and I are planning a trip to Phoenix in Sept. she will be riding her vtx1300. I hope the oem tires will get me there and back as I know factory tires are crap for tread life. I will try to upload a picture with this intro. I am looking forward to reading and learning more from each of you regarding this great bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You got a great deal there -- nice looking ride. I think you'll be alright with the tires on your trip -- factory tires aren't the best, but these seem to be good for at least 8,000 miles, possibly 10k.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I hope the oem tires will get me there and back as I know factory tires are crap for tread life.
Welcome, congrats on a good bike and a great deal.
The tires are good good for oem.
VTX is nice bike too. I had the retro model. Wife was upset with me when I sold it.
Waiting for some pics of the trip. Riding 2 up or separate on the trip?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome note, and regarding the upcoming trip to Az., we will each ride our own bikes. I questioned the oem tires because my Brother had a Star Roadliner 1900 with the same tires and wore the rear tire out in a little over 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

My rear tire lasted 11500 km and would work for at least 500 km.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome to the board.
I just returned from a 1530 mile trip to Spearfish, SD and my factory Dunlop tires have 11760 miles now. The front is getting close to the wear bars but the rear have many thousand miles remaining. Really don't know how some riders only get a few thousand miles on touring bike tires. Unless they have really crappy roads and ride really hard on them with low pressure. (keep mine at 40 front and 42 rear and check real regularly).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts