CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously considering buying a Ctx 1300 in candy red, currently own a Honda Cb1100 (love it) in candy red of course. Also own a 2014 Road King (hate it) which I bought thinking my wife wanted to ride on the back of but instead she got her license and rides a Harley sportster 72. also own a 2014 Triumph Scrambler (love it), and a 2014 Harley Low Rider (love it). I'm selling or trading the Road King and need a 4th bike like a whole in the head, but since experiencing the CB1100 I'm so impressed I want another Honda! The CB is smooth, powerful and refined and I'm thinking the Ctx will be also. My friends all ride street glides and I like to be different so the Ctx might be the perfect anti bagger, have read on this site that the Ctx will out perform the street glides of the world, but I don't see how since the hp and torque at the rear wheel on the Ctx is 76 and 77 and the bike is like 730#.
Not that power is everything but if I'm gonna be different from the herd it would be nice to out perform it, lol
Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @Mark McAnallen.
At what rpm do the others GET to their peak torque, and what is torque below that rpm? That's more important than just peak. (HP really means very little if anything as to power... only speed after torque is reached).

The CTX1300 has over 70 torque from a little over 2000 rpm to 5500+ rpm and is relatively flat all the way up. The ST1300, for example, doesn't even get over 70 torque until after 4500 rpm... even with the same engine. Others will chime in here on the benefits of that I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Seriously considering buying a Ctx 1300 in candy red, currently own a Honda Cb1100 (love it) in candy red of course. Also own a 2014 Road King (hate it) which I bought thinking my wife wanted to ride on the back of but instead she got her license and rides a Harley sportster 72. also own a 2014 Triumph Scrambler (love it), and a 2014 Harley Low Rider (love it). I'm selling or trading the Road King and need a 4th bike like a whole in the head, but since experiencing the CB1100 I'm so impressed I want another Honda! The CB is smooth, powerful and refined and I'm thinking the Ctx will be also. My friends all ride street glides and I like to be different so the Ctx might be the perfect anti bagger, have read on this site that the Ctx will out perform the street glides of the world, but I don't see how since the hp and torque at the rear wheel on the Ctx is 76 and 77 and the bike is like 730#.
Not that power is everything but if I'm gonna be different from the herd it would be nice to out perform it, lol
Any thoughts?

I test drove the CTX at the Honda Dealer in Newport News VA. That test ride convince me that the CTX was the bike for me!! I purchased my Red CTX Deluxe the next week from my local dealer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
... she got her license and rides a Harley sportster 72.

Any thoughts?
I understand there are professional support groups that might help your wife overcome her regrets....:rotfl9:

Welcome to the forum:smile:

Reactions: 4401

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome aboard @Mark McAnallen.
You'll find that the majority of owners here have a long list of previously owned bikes.
I'm on #27 I think and I am no where near the top. This is not for boasting, but to give you an idea of the kinda of people that are CTX1300 owners. I retired, thinned the heard, and this is the one that is left.
Some people have had a problem with the bike. No one bike fits all.
You don't have to make this bike sound like it is at a drag strip to get the get up and go.
Go sit on the bike, try to get a test ride, and see how it fits you.
The odds are: You'll be back!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, Mark!
Just doing a quick search, I see that the Road King has a top-gear 60-80 roll-on time of 5.32 seconds. The CTX1300 does it in 4.86 seconds. Is that a lot of time? Nope. But it's measureable. :) Because of the gearing on this bike, it doesn't require as much shifting to get it moving. I think you will have no problem keeping up with any of the heavier Harleys. I'm in Virginia too, on the Eastern Shore, and I love the fact that this bike is so different from anything else on the road. One thing you won't be able to do with this bike is use the saddlesbags as rock tumblers like you can on a Harley. This bike is smooth, and the engine is a pure work of art. Good luck, and keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts