CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon to purchase a CTX1300, my husband purchased a new F6B today. And I am in hot pursuit of finding my CTX1300 Deluxe for the best price as possible. We are aware of really good sales on the 2014 models.
I presently drive my trusty 2000 Magna V4. I was so glad to know that the CTX1300 is a V4 engine. I have driven Hondas all my life, beginning with the Honda Cub step through at 9 years old, 175, 350, and multiple 750s, Magna 1st generation V45 and my present 2nd generation Magna.
My husband has driven his Valkyrie for about 8-9 years and I his side kick on the Magna, we have journeyed many miles and many cross country trips for years. And we both are soooo ready to up grade.
I am 5' 1" and have already researched the adjustments on suspension front and back will lower it around 1" and then I will have the seat shaved, this may even lower it to the flat foot of my Magna height.
I am so excited, to lay in to my sweet Ozark curves.
:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you it's is fun doing the search and research, obsessing about a new adventure. Glad to find a good forum full of advise and great info along with enthusiastic riders.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@heriam,
There you are. I love the magna. Excellent bike. Bought one for my spouse and I rode it more than she did. But that was many moons ago ('88-'90).
The CTX has a little bit more of the gittty up and go than the Magna, but it is about the same feeling (thrill).
Pictures when it happens.
I thought choppers and low riders were the only bikes that we were supposed to flat foot.:)
And you started riding 3 years younger than me.....
Oh, and be careful...he'll be trying to ride your bike once he sees how good it is!!!!!!!

Reactions: shane

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, Hereiam! I just had to chime in when I saw a thread mentioning the Magna. I absolutely loved my '84 v65. It is interesting to note that, in 1983, the v65 Magna was in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the world's fastest production motorcycle. I'm sure you will love your new CTX, there is nothing like the v-4 powerplant on this machine. Good luck keeping your husband on his own bike, though! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Heariam
Welcome to our forum.
You' ve made a very good decision by buying an 1300 CTX.
The powerplant is superb perhaps and the handling soooo easy.
maybe a different saddle will also helps you to flat foot
wish you lots of nice miles on your bike. love to see pictures
and try to keep you hummy on his naked goldwing. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts