CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to take this as a sign that any rumors of discontinuation of the CTX1300 are false. Honda just put out a new video promoting the CTX1300.

Of course, they could just be trying really hard to clear out the inventory that's left. ;-)

Jeff

P.S. Side question: how does one actually embed a YouTube video within a post rather than just linking to it?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
What is the source of the "Rumor" I think folks should check the source before repeating stuff.

I say unbelievable.

·
Super Moderator
5,398 Posts
gpa mentioned a dealer in his area stated such nonsense.
What DOES seem to be valid, though this is also unproven yet, is that Honda may have discontinued the ST1300. And that could be where this rumor started since many dealers get confused between the ST1300 and the CTX1300. Must be that awesome engine!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Honda may have abandoned the old business model of releasing each vehicle each year. For the small production runs needed on these vehicles, it makes sense to only build them every couple of years.

If you're building an Accord and expect to sell multiple millions, you build them every day. If you're building a touring bike and expect to sell multiple thousands, you only need to make a run every two or three years.

Everyone was worried about the Gold Wing in 2011. It came back. While I don't expect the ST1300 to return, I wouldn't be surprised if they produced something for that market. I think the American market will support more bikes like the CTX than the ST.

There will be some announcements from various motorcycle manufacturers in early November, just before EICMA Milan. Honda may have something to say at that time.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I noticed that the guy in the film had to use both hands to open the saddle bag. That's the way my blue bike works. The red one opens just fine.

They also used the word "bagger" openly in this video.

I'm very impressed with the CTX1300. This model could be around in the States for a decade or more. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Interstate version of this bike with all the touring stuff pre-installed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed that the guy in the film had to use both hands to open the saddle bag. That's the way my blue bike works. The red one opens just fine.
I get either behavior, depending (I think) on temperature and humidity levels. Sometimes there's a tight seal and you need the extra hand to pull it open, sometimes they just fall open.

They also used the word "bagger" openly in this video.

I'm very impressed with the CTX1300. This model could be around in the States for a decade or more. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Interstate version of this bike with all the touring stuff pre-installed.
That would make sense. It seems most owners are opting to add those items anyway, assuming our group here is a representative sample. I find it weird that Honda categorizes this bike under Touring but not Cruiser on their website. To me the default configuration is a bit more Cruiser and your Interstate idea would belong in Touring.

Jeff

·
Administrator
294 Posts
I'm going to take this as a sign that any rumors of discontinuation of the CTX1300 are false. Honda just put out a new video promoting the CTX1300.

Of course, they could just be trying really hard to clear out the inventory that's left. ;-)

Jeff

P.S. Side question: how does one actually embed a YouTube video within a post rather than just linking to it?
Try posting the video again but when you enter the URL as a link remove the s from the https:// and it will work

~ dm, community support

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
16 Posts
They better keep making the thing - in two years or so, this "after a 30 year hiatus" rider is most likely going to want one !!! For now my 2007 Yamaha VStar 1100 Silverado will need to do....

I would like to see the suspension issues addressed OEM.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I dig the video. All the links you provided worked on my computer. Thanks for sharing. After watching I wanted to go for a ride. Sigh... We are currently under a tornado warning..... Oh Well. ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
In France they announce a total offer Price of 12.999 euros.
The oficial Price in Spain is 18.699 euros.
And in the 4 NOV. there is the Milano Show....
So maybe yes maybe not it is been discontinued, but I can say it is not been a best seller. Not here ( Barcelona ) neither near.
For instance BMW is selling as many RT as they can make, even with the fail of the ESA System.
And where is Honda in the GT market? Nobody knows.
EDIT ( once again sorry for my english )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts