CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear all,
i am lordguzzi, from milan and i have a ctx 1300 since 6 months with 5000km
it is not my only bike but it should be the bike i would use every day commuting.
Overall i am satisfy but i am very unsatisfy with suspensions, both front and rear....they really create bad feeling and are quite Dangerous on bump.
i happy to find you all.:smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome @lordguzzi,
The suspension is a personal thing. Depending on your weight, the roads you ride, and how much you carry on the bike. For me the stock is good, I only had to adjust the preload on the rear. That doesn't mean we don't want something better or different though!!!
Post a few pics of your ride and some of that beautiful Italian scenery.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello and welcome from Germany !

I don't see why our baby is dangerous on bumps :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think front and rear suspension are relly cheap and do not work properly, and are definitly Dangerous. last month under rain in milan on a "stone road" i had to brake little hard, abs doesn't work properly due to fork non copying well and i fell down loosing front wheel.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Lordguzzi from Australia.
You are not to only person having the same problem It's a great bike, but ride could be better. I'm sure in time someone on this forum will find the answer, they have for everything else I have needed.
Cao
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ciao a tutti sono gluca di Ravenna Italy
Dopo vari scooteroni burgman t-max poi crosstourer DCT e da ottobre ctx1300 sembra valido, comodo si in effetti gli ammortizzatori....
Hobby mtb- running-nautica monterey

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think front and rear suspension are relly cheap and do not work properly, and are definitly Dangerous. last month under rain in milan on a "stone road" i had to brake little hard, abs doesn't work properly due to fork non copying well and i fell down loosing front wheel.....
After 2 months and 5000 km, I was fed up with this suspension issue and the tiny 84 hp/340 kg so I traded it for a Valkyrie F6C 1800. The CTX was nice looking indeed, confortable on confortable roads but IMO unable for long distance trips. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
After 2 months and 5000 km, I was fed up with this suspension issue and the tiny 84 hp/340 kg so I traded it for a Valkyrie F6C 1800. The CTX was nice looking indeed, confortable on confortable roads but IMO unable for long distance trips. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d
I did the opposite...I had 7 Goldwings, 1 Valkyrie, a Cushman, Burger 650, etc (total 28) and have settled on the CTX1300.

Reactions: bob

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Everybody is different.
I, for one, think the CTX1300 is overall better than most of the other bikes I've owned. The GW excepted. But being lighter and much more nimble I prefer it over the GW. I consider it just as comfortable. The suspension is just as good to me as most of those other bikes too, comparing same roads for all so apples to apples for road surfaces. Just different expectations I guess. Only the GL series Honda bikes have better suspension from the short list of bikes I've had. None I consider dangerous, other than from the viewpoint that all motorcycles are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok milan guys.
better write in english here.
thank to all for advices and consideration.
my dealer pass honda a mail about the issue and the link to this forum....let'see.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Ok milan guys.
better write in english here.
thank to all for advices and consideration.
my dealer pass honda a mail about the issue and the link to this forum....let'see.
That's ok. While it is easier for us one language Americans we do still have Google translate to understand any language... almost. Keep in mind, there are also some in this country who are even more difficult to understand when they DO write in English!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
That's ok. While it is easier for us one language Americans we do still have Google translate to understand any language... almost. Keep in mind, there are also some in this country who are even more difficult to understand when they DO write in English!

Agreed Bob, I have trouble understanding some of the locals here in Tennessee.

Eric

Reactions: willajabir

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Agreed Bob, I have trouble understanding some of the locals here in Tennessee.

Eric
Hear, hear,you should try Alabamian, and if you can't get google to translate, try the bing...it even does klingon!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts