CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I’ll be picking up a CTX 1300, with only 1700klms on the clock, in the next few days following a wonderfully long test ride today. What a pleasurable bike! I’ve traded my XJR1300 for more touring and pillion comfort & tank range. Like many, I didn’t know the model until recently. A hidden gem in Australia. Unexpectedly, it has a personalised registration plate of CTX13.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey @Twosticks, I bet your buying the red beast from Brett in Launceston. I saw it on Facebook and it looks nice with the same screen and back rest as I have. It seems a bargain considering the kilometeres . I have had mine for 2+ years and love riding Tassie on it, plenty of torque for overtaking and great comfort. Let us know whare you are from and hope we can meet up some day.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
G'Day Twosticks ,, welcome to Honda's unsung hero .... CTX1300.... I am on the mainland and rode with Traversing2 last year and will be back end of Feb 2020 for another 13 days ..
Look forward to having 3 CTX's in the party ... Cheers Russ

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Shackwa ..... I would love to do the Nullabor , then head up the Coast to Broome .... must be on the bucket list for next couple of years .... retiring in 3 years .. maybe then

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome all. What a gem of a bike & my Pillion agrees. I can’t stop fussing with that ill-fitting battery cover though. Mine‘s fitted with the tall screen but I wouldn’t mind fitting the shorty that was supplied for our summer. I feel like a little more air in the chest will be nice on 25c+ days. I’m 5’10”. How’s anyone else find the short screen?

·
Super Moderator
5,522 Posts
One of the wonderful features I found about the CTX1300 is how smooth the airflow is coming off the fairing and over the shorty screen. I rode with the shorty screen for a little over a month before my Honda tall screen was shipped to me. I always thought I would put the shorty back on when the temps stayed really warm but never did. Mostly 'cuz I was too lazy to switch it back for the short times we had high temps around here. I know it would be put on if I lived in hot areas of the country.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the welcome all. What a gem of a bike & my Pillion agrees. Mine‘s fitted with the tall screen but I wouldn’t mind fitting the shorty that was supplied for our summer. I feel like a little more air in the chest will be nice on 25c+ days. I’m 5’10”. How’s anyone else find the short screen?
Welcome Twosticks. Suspect the screen kinda depends on what you are used to. Definitely get more airflow with the shorty. Looks a little "sportier" in my opinion. Enjoy the riding season. :smiley-happy0034:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts