CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just purchased a used 2014 CTX1300 today from the local Honda dealer for 7300. This base model only has 11,050 miles on it. I traded in a Suzuki 2004 Vl1500 16 k on it, in very good condition. I only got 1,500.
for it. I test ride the CTX1300 and liked the power and the smooth motor performance. I got a 10 k service and new Continental tires in the deal. I think I'm going to enjoy this Motorcycle and Honda reliability is a plus.
I had a Harley 2012 street glide for 5 years before the Suzuki. This Honda has some feelings of a Cruiser motorcycle. I pick the bike up tomorrow after servicing and tire installation. I like all led lighting. Safe and fun riding to all

Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,398 Posts
Welcome Steve ( @SCS )
I like to think of this one as a Touring/cruiser kind of bike. It has a very relaxed style of touring ride. LED lighting all around does vastly improve vision down the road at night, even in low beam.

Show us a photo or two when you can. You may want to check out the thread on the Saddlebag Guards in the Appearance & Body sub-forum and order a set if your bike doesn't have them. Feel free to ask any question and someone here has the answer most likely.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve. At 11,000 your scoot is just now breakin in. Rides a little different the your Suz/ Harley but most of us here consider it a "good" kinda different. Ride safe, ride happy. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome Steve from the Island down under the Land down under, Tasmania. You will enjoy the bike I know.

Reactions: SCS

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome to the V4 gang Steve. Lots of knowledge and help here if you need it. Make sure your brake fluid and clutch actuator fluid has been changed. It’s supposed to be flushed and replaced every two years regardless of miles. This is in the service manual. You did not mention what color you bought. Feel free to wonder about the site. Also there is a set of saddlebag guards available through one of the members here on the forum. Most of us have purchased them. Great quality and excellent protection for those expensive bag lids. He also makes forward peg mounts that can be used as driving light mounts as well. Just search for saddlebag guards and get all the info on ordering them.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Welcome to the V4 gang Steve. Lots of knowledge and help here if you need it. Make sure your brake fluid and clutch actuator fluid has been changed. It’s supposed to be flushed and replaced every two years regardless of miles. This is in the service manual. You did not mention what color you bought. Feel free to wonder about the site. Also there is a set of saddlebag guards available through one of the members here on the forum. Most of us have purchased them. Great quality and excellent protection for those expensive bag lids. He also makes forward peg mounts that can be used as driving light mounts as well. Just search for saddlebag guards and get all the info on ordering them.
The dealer did a 12k service. Change the brakes /clutch fluid, oil, and filter. The dealer did a safety check. I think I can get a 2 warranty on it. I didn't do it at the paper signing. I just picked the bike up on Friday. Would you get the extended warranty?

Steve

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the bike, smooth power from 3k to 5k RPMs. I have no regrets

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Welcome Steve from the Island down under the Land down under, Tasmania. You will enjoy the bike I know.
Thanks, I made a wise decision. The standard Bike came with an OEM rear carrier, OEM rear truck, center stand, 12v/ USB plug, Madstag adjustable windshield, and a gear indicator LED, new Continental tires

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, I just purchased a used 2014 CTX1300 today from the local Honda dealer for 7300. This base model only has 11,050 miles on it. I traded in a Suzuki 2004 Vl1500 16 k on it, in very good condition. I only got 1,500.
for it. I test ride the CTX1300 and liked the power and the smooth motor performance. I got a 10 k service and new Continental tires in the deal. I think I'm going to enjoy this Motorcycle and Honda reliability is a plus.
I had a Harley 2012 street glide for 5 years before the Suzuki. This Honda has some feelings of a Cruiser motorcycle. I pick the bike up tomorrow after servicing and tire installation. I like all led lighting. Safe and fun riding to all

Steve

Thanks, everyone :smileygarden_de_ban

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Welcome Steve ( @SCS )
I like to think of this one as a Touring/cruiser kind of bike. It has a very relaxed style of touring ride. LED lighting all around does vastly improve vision down the road at night, even in low beam.

Show us a photo or two when you can. You may want to check out the thread on the Saddlebag Guards in the Appearance & Body sub-forum and order a set if your bike doesn't have them. Feel free to ask any question and someone here has the answer most likely.
Thanks

Here are some pictures. New front tire and air cleaner coming this week at the dealer, no charge

This Stanard model with 11 k miles, came with OEM rear carrier, OEM rear truck, OEM rear truck base, center stand, 12 volt/USB accessory,gear indicator LED , Madstag adjustable windshield , 12k dealer service, new Continental tires. Paid 7.2 k . I traded a 2004 Suzuki Intruder VL1500 with 16k miles on . I was glad to get rid of that bike. Total price with trade in, 6,660

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome Steve ( @SCS )

:ty:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the forum Steve. At 11,000 your scoot is just now breakin in. Rides a little different the your Suz/ Harley but most of us here consider it a "good" kinda different. Ride safe, ride happy. :smiley-happy0034:

Agree

:ty:

A question: If I put a the deluxe turn signal self cancel relay (38301-MJN-A11) on this Standard model would it work?

I looked at this forum I couldn't find an answer.

Steve

·
Registered
453 Posts
This very subject came up on another thread a day or 2 ago. I believe there’s a lot more involved than just the relay. Believe that the wheel speed sensors would be needed - as well as possibly a different computer for the ABS / signal cancelling.

Oops - I see now that was YOU asking in another thread!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome aboard Steve, I bought my ctx last year and enjoying every minute. Like someone mention earlier this forum has a lot of useful information. I never got to meet anyone in person but just being here feels like have the support for people with a bike and concerns like mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts