CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would guess that most CTX riders dislike the mirrors, or maybe its just me. I put new mirrors on my bike today, looks pretty good, I think. The Honda mirrors I bought are for a Honda 500 (can't remember what model) but 10mm THD.
88130-MJE-D40 Cover lock Nut
88210-MJE-D40 Right mirror
88220-MJE-D40 Left mirror
90104-MJE-D40 Bolt adapter 10mm
90310-MJE-D40 Nut Hex 10mm

·
Registered
46 Posts
So will you be removing and covering up the stock mirror mounting area? I don't think I could handle having 2 sets of mirrors on mine (I'm weird about things like that). I don't have much of an issue with the mirrors as some people do.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Two sets of mirrors is such a huge upgrade that it should be standard on bikes. I keep one set aimed a bit inward and the other set a bit outward. My blind spots are very small. This is really nice when changing lanes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For myself and my height (5'-11") my arms block the factory mirrors. I have to lift my arms to see behind me. Yes, I have tried adjusting the bars but to no avail. I won't be taking off the factory mirrors, but with these new ones I can see side lanes and behind at a glance for safer riding :)

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
97 Posts
I put a second set on right after my first couple of rides. I can not a thing out of the stock mirrors unless I sit really oddly and bend my head down. I don't even understand why the stock mirrors are where they are. I just put some generic mirrors I found on Amazon on mine.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300
31 Posts
You knows t first I was not on-board with the stock mirrors. However I kept adjusting them, trying different positions and now, they are great, no problems at all. I kind of like them in fact, something unique.

·
Registered
CTX 1300D
21 Posts
On my bike, I just lowered the handle bars a little and since I'm tall, I have a good vantage point on the stock mirrors. My problem was blind spots, so I put little blind spot mirrors on top of the stock and problem solved. I get a good rear view and the blind spots when changing lanes. Win-Win!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So will you be removing and covering up the stock mirror mounting area? I don't think I could handle having 2 sets of mirrors on mine (I'm weird about things like that). I don't have much of an issue with the mirrors as some people do.
Agree. I actually bought 2 wide angle stick on mirrors and put in upper corner and they help a lot and I don't have to look st my gloves in the stock mirrors anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would guess that most CTX riders dislike the mirrors, or maybe its just me. I put new mirrors on my bike today, looks pretty good, I think. The Honda mirrors I bought are for a Honda 500 (can't remember what model) but 10mm THD.
88130-MJE-D40 Cover lock Nut
88210-MJE-D40 Right mirror
88220-MJE-D40 Left mirror
90104-MJE-D40 Bolt adapter 10mm
90310-MJE-D40 Nut Hex 10mm View attachment 46790 View attachment 46791
[/QUO

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
You knows t first I was not on-board with the stock mirrors. However I kept adjusting them, trying different positions and now, they are great, no problems at all. I kind of like them in fact, something unique.
They do take a bit of getting used to for riders who are not accustomed to fairing mounted mirrors on their past bikes. My last bike that had stalk mirrors was a Vulcan in 2001. Since then all my bikes have had fairing mounted mirrors and most of them were below the grips like the CTX. That meant that for me they were never an issue since I was already used to that style mirror.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I did the same thing on mine. My jacket sleeves fell right in my view of the stock mirrors, making them useless. I've tried three different sets (bought from either Cycle Gear or Amazon). I much prefer the "upper" mirrors, except for one thing: every time I hit a bump, the left mirror moves out of position. I've tried to tighten them several times, and it just doesn't work. As I said, I've tried three different sets, and they ALL have the same problem. Weirdly, in every case it's only the LEFT side mirror that has the problem. The right one seems to be rock solid.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Found these online someplace. Like $20-25. But with set screws that work holding the mirror rock steady. That left mirror problem someone mentioned might be caused getting on / off the bike. I’ve done that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was able to see quite a bit with the original mirrors, but not enough options for blind spot, so I had my dealer mount an additional set of Mirrors on the day I pciked up the bike. Now i have mirrors where I can see all I want!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got these for about 25,- Euro including shipment, they are said to be for Honda CB 500 but they are ideal. They come with additional thread adpaters that are not needed on the CTX1300. Got them here:

and this is how they look like:

IMG_20210521_151039.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
except for one thing: every time I hit a bump, the left mirror moves out of position. I've tried to tighten them several times, and it just doesn't work. Weirdly, in every case it's only the LEFT side mirror that has the problem. The right one seems to be rock solid.
This has happen to me also with 2 sets of handlebar mounted mirrors. Once I was able to replace the stock left and right mirrors, the handlebar mounted mirrors were removed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
... I much prefer the "upper" mirrors, except for one thing: every time I hit a bump, the left mirror moves out of position. I've tried to tighten them several times, and it just doesn't work.
Had the same problem on another bike, ... some JB Weld, fixed that problem.

Current 2nd set of mirror, ... Amazon $20, convex mirrors, work very well. (Same as @Stlburd2's).

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same thing on mine. My jacket sleeves fell right in my view of the stock mirrors, making them useless. I've tried three different sets (bought from either Cycle Gear or Amazon). I much prefer the "upper" mirrors, except for one thing: every time I hit a bump, the left mirror moves out of position. I've tried to tighten them several times, and it just doesn't work. As I said, I've tried three different sets, and they ALL have the same problem. Weirdly, in every case it's only the LEFT side mirror that has the problem. The right one seems to be rock solid.
Adjust it right where you want it and then apply super glue to the ball joint behind the mirror. It won't move again-ever!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts