CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I added mirrors also. There was a thread last year about some inexpensive ones. I grabbed a set because they were so cheap. They work great. I wouldn’t mind taking the originals off if there was a cover piece of plastic to go over the hole.
Having the additional mirrors allowed me to raise the bars up a bit to a more comfortable position, it totally blocks the factory mirrors.
Not as streamlined looking, but I like being able to see behind me. LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would guess that most CTX riders dislike the mirrors, or maybe its just me. I put new mirrors on my bike today, looks pretty good, I think. The Honda mirrors I bought are for a Honda 500 (can't remember what model) but 10mm THD.
88130-MJE-D40 Cover lock Nut
88210-MJE-D40 Right mirror
88220-MJE-D40 Left mirror
90104-MJE-D40 Bolt adapter 10mm
90310-MJE-D40 Nut Hex 10mm View attachment 46790 View attachment 46791
I did the same thing on mine. My jacket sleeves fell right in my view of the stock mirrors, making them useless. I've tried three different sets (bought from either Cycle Gear or Amazon). I much prefer the "upper" mirrors, except for one thing: every time I hit a bump, the left mirror moves out of position. I've tried to tighten them several times, and it just doesn't work. As I said, I've tried three different sets, and they ALL have the same problem. Weirdly, in every case it's only the LEFT side mirror that has the problem. The right one seems to be rock solid.
I had the same problem with the left mirror. It's that lefty loosey thing. Try putting thread locker on it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts