CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I tried searching for this topic but could find nothing. I really appreciate any insight or advice on this topic.
I have a choice of buying a used blue CTX1300 for $13,229 or a new red one for $14,816. The used dealer demo comes with full warranty but has 4500 km on it (2800 miles). In Canada there is only one model - the deluxe version.

Translating those 2 prices into US currency gives $10,715 and $12000 or a difference of $1284. I much prefer the blue over the red but there are no new blue ones to be had anywhere.

My dilema is this: which one do i buy ? It seems the depreciated value of a bike with 2800 miles should be more than $1200 even allowing for the full warranty ? Other dealer demos (red) have nowhere these miles - typically a few hundred. Something does not seem quite right.
thanks again for any thoughts or advice or even 2 cents.
James
ps I currently ride an ST1300 but the weight on the wrists is hurting my arthritis. :ty:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
IMO for a $1200 difference I take the new one any time. In any case I would avoid demo bikes with 2800 miles.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
That small price difference is likely due to the higher price when the used one was originally bought. Prices have come down a lot in recent months so consider the NEW bike as having a VERY nice sale price. Verify there is no bonus cash or other offer of add-ons up to a certain value... like the $3000 USD bonus bucks being offered right now on the Honda web site.

OTOH- 2800 miles is not much on these engines (same engine as your ST1300). How much do you really want the Ion Blue, and what cosmetic condition is that one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts