CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2014 CTX1300 recently. It has 3300 KM but its service history is unknown. It rolls down the road terrifically
and idles nice as well. We are fortunate in Canada to have only the deluxe version so it is fully loaded. Looking forward to
enjoying the bike and this fantastic forum.
8-20200918_093643.jpg
8-20200918_093631.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob. I have added my pin to the map. There are not many pins in Ontario unfortunately. I have ordered my saddlebag guards and highway peg mounts. This is a great forum with a terrific group.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You made a great choice Scott. You will get very good mileage and the tires last longer than a Wing or Venture. I have 50,000 + klm, got mine in late 2015. Not too many CTX's in Alberta either.
I would love to meet up with a group in Virginia some day :)
Enjoy
Glen

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome aboard, Scott.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum.
You made a great choice Scott. You will get very good mileage and the tires last longer than a Wing or Venture. I have 50,000 + klm, got mine in late 2015. Not too many CTX's in Alberta either.
I would love to meet up with a group in Virginia some day :)
Enjoy
Glen
Its the end of the season up here. We don't usually get too far into Novemeber before the snow flies. I hope to get the CTX into a dealer to give it the once over. I don't expect that much service has been done with such low mileage.Lets hope that that 2021 will be a much safer year !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard, Scott.
Hi i see that you have the dark colour CTX. I can't say that i had ever seen one. The reds are the most seen at bike rallys in Ontario and i have seen a few blues but never a black one. That is unique at least in the great white north .

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mine’s the Ion Blue deluxe. Has a little over 32,200 miles on it.

Just now coming into riding season for me down here. Too danged hot in the summer months. But I ride all the time in the fall and winter months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once the snow appears the township spreads salt and sand and now a brine mixture to melt the snow and help with traction. You don't want that crap on your bikes. I usually have the snows on and the bike ready for bed on the 1st of November . Here in Ontario our riding season is from April to November most years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up a 2014 CTX1300 recently. It has 3300 KM but its service history is unknown. It rolls down the road terrifically
and idles nice as well. We are fortunate in Canada to have only the deluxe version so it is fully loaded. Looking forward to
enjoying the bike and this fantastic forum. View attachment 45950 View attachment 45951
Welcome to the forum Scott.

I was pretty lucky, kind of like you, when I purchased my bike with only 8500 km last month.

My first impressions of the bike were pretty similar to yours at first, but keep getting better as I ride it.

If I may offer a suggestion, check out how to properly access the battery, so that you do not break the tab, and how to secure the heated grips switch from popping off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
enjoying the bike and this fantastic forum. View attachment 45950 View attachment 45951
Hi Scott. I am down the 401 in London, Ont. I have only had my CTX 1300 for a few weeks. So far, it seems like a simply awesome machine!
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm in Vaughan, Ontario. Got my CTX a few weeks ago too. I think I saw yours for sale when I was looking to buy. Just did an overnight trip through Muskoka. Amazing roads with lots of twisties. Would be interested in meeting up with other CTX owners from the Golden Horseshoe area.
Best,
Darryl

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum Scott.

I was pretty lucky, kind of like you, when I purchased my bike with only 8500 km last month.

My first impressions of the bike were pretty similar to yours at first, but keep getting better as I ride it.

If I may offer a suggestion, check out how to properly access the battery, so that you do not break the tab, and how to secure the heated grips switch from popping off.
Hi Shak
Yes the plastics are something that i am learning about. It seems that mine have a few issues so i was happy to see that Ebay has some replacements. It certainly is a nice ride but after 3 or 4 hours in the saddle i am missing my hiway pegs. I have ordered the mounts from a forum member now i have to figure out the pegs for a short ass like myself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts