CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
59 year old retired teacher. I have owned over 30 bikes since 1996. Some sportbikes, cruisers, a couple of harleys, and Bmw's. I presently own 3 Honda V4's. A 1982 Magna 750 , a 1996 Honda VFR Interceptor 750 and the CTX 1300 Deluxe. I guess that equals a V12 Unlike some of the members who have downsized from a Goldwing the CTX for me is the biggest and heaviest bike i have ever owned ( that is including Harley's and BMW's ) I had two lengthy demo rides on the CTX before i bought it so i knew exactly what I was getting and absolutely love it. It is by far the most comfortable bike i have ever owned. So well balanced and easy to manage with it's low centre of gravity. Having said that at a standstill and moving it around in the garage or parking in town i am finding the weight of the bike to be a bit of an issue. I am only 5 ' 4" tall and am not flat footed on the bike. Any tips out there to help with moving the bike around at a standstill and generally just learning to adapt to the weight. I am an experienced rider and have ridden many different bikes, but for some reason i have not been able to adjust to the weight of the bike as of yet. Also it is a bit challenging to raise the bike onto the centre stand although i can do it. This bike for me anyways is probably the biggest bike i can comfortably handle......it's as if Honda produced a three quarter Goldwing for mini me. I absolutely love it and look forward to many years of riding.

Reactions: Tamale

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Welcome Dodi to the CTX1300 forum! Great community here, and plenty of info and support for your new bike.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
To move the bike around the garage have a look at "motorcycle trollies". You can even build your own trolley.
A tip to park, pick up a spot where the road is not leveled so you can easily back the bike up inside your spot and use the engine to move out. In large parking lots, park the bike reversed compared with the cars so again you can use the engine to move out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts