CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm new to the forum I upgraded from a ctx700n which I loved to the ctx1300 about a week ago and I have a couple questions. First what is the best if any adjustable clutch lever for this bike? My hands are not liking the long reach..lol please provide a part number or web link. Second is there a way to make the bike just a bit lower for us vertically challenged people? I literally just need about an inch to be totally flat footed, not nervous or uncomfortable in current position but would love to be flat footed if possible thanks for any productive feed back.:ty:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lowering the Riding Position

I had a bit of foam removed from the seat. It was contoured perfectly from an upholstery shop and you can't even tell it was done. It lowered the bike at least an inch. I am only 5'4" with a 27 inch in seam and I still can't flat foot bike but am really close. The problem with the CTX is the width of the seat and the frame, not so much the seat height. Bottom line i hear you..... that little bit of lowering helps a lot for confidence and parking .For me it made an easy to ride bike a bit easier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you my wife said same thing about the seat but does it take away the comfort ?that's the question. I seen post about suspension but seems most don't think it lowers bike just changes feel of the ride. As far as high heels I'll look for boot with heel my ankles are to fat for staletoes...lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Besides taking some of the foam from the BUTT part of the seat, there is about half an inch of foam on each of those side panels where your thighs hit that can be removed. This will help by letting you be a little lsee bow-legged while stopped. Also, you can lower the front forks aboutr half an inch in the triple trees. You loosen the clamp bolts carefully until you can twist the fork in the clamps and then let the fork slid up about half an inch or so. You need some way to measure them to get them even. There are lots of ways to do that and you can figure your own way out I am sure.
Next, you can buy aftermarket shocks that are shorter. The stock shocks are 12" long and I have put some that are 11" long on mine. This made my bike a lot more manageable when moving it around by foot, like pushing out of a parking spot, etc. If you go looking for shocks and can't find them listed for the CTX, you can look up shocks for the 2009 VTX and they are the same mounting holes, bushings, etc.
There are several places that sell aftermarket shocks...Progressive, MB Products and Ohlins are the big ones.

Reactions: fdxrider

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feed back that's great info. I am having a bit of an issue pushing it out of our parking spot I live in apt complex and I have to start sharing the spot again with my wifes mini me car (Nissan versa) or the complex will give me a hard time I'm dreading it but will figure it out. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Reactions: fdxrider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts