CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Southern, California. Los Angeles County to be more specific.

I purchased a 2014 CTX Deluxe Black, last Saturday, as a second bike.
I currently own a touring bike - Kawasaki Voyager 1700 - the bike is awesome on the highway but on the city / daily commute is too big / too heavy of a bike. So I decided to purchase a fun, smaller bike with giddy up, and that what got me to buy the CTX. I've only ridden the bike once on the way home but that was a fun ride. Can't wait to start riding it on a daily basis and on weekend on twisties.

I know I'm going to have a few question so please be patient with me. Currently looking for a Service manual, I will browse the forum for this info.

Robbyk

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Congrats on the black deluxe. I have the same bike and really enjoy it. It’s now my primary road bike. Did a 5000+ mile trip the summer before last. Very comfortable on long trips. Also seems lighter around town and on the twisties.
There’s some pretty knowledgeable guys here. I’ve received lots of help.
Welcome to the group.
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
101 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new bike. I've had mine for a few months now and I have gotten so much great advise on here. I had a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager before also and it is a great bike, but it is a very heavy bike. I hope you enjoy your new CTX and put many happy miles on it.

Thanks,
James

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Another intelligent and good looking owner. Welcome!

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,809 Posts
” I decided to get a smaller lighter bike” ,how heavy is the kwaka 😦!!
Never heard it called a "kwaka" but I think you mean a Kawa, or the Voyager 1700 the OP was talking about?

That bike comes in at an official curb weight of 895 lbs (406 kg). About the same as my old GW GL1500. 250+ lbs (114 kg) more than the CTX. Bikes in that weight category are beasts. Takes a lot of effort to maintain the balance on one when moving slow to keep the weight in control. One of the big reasons I sold my GW. The other big reason was mpg... which was the same or sometimes worse than my car at 32 mpg on a good day (29 mpg when pulling a pop-up camper but that was expected). But they were very stable on the highways, just a struggle on city streets and parking lots or even some slower county roads.

I also really liked how the CTX1300 put the weight lower than the ST series and that made it seem much lighter than my old ST1100, especially when moving down the road, even though the specs for curb weight are the same.

·
Registered
CTX 1300D
31 Posts
The curb weight according to the manual is 745 lbs, though because the gas tank is under the seat it doesn't feel like it. So the bike is heavy and if you lay it gently on its side and try to pick it up, you will feel all of that weight. But I guess at a 150 lbs lighter than your 1700, you may notice a big difference. Enjoy the bike, it's really fun to ride and handles like a dream. That noticeable shift in center of gravity is what makes it so smooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts