CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love my 2014 CTX 1300. I bought it new (out of the crate) in 2018 and it has been a joy to ride. I am getting ready to take a 2800 mile ride and I am wondering, new seat or is the stock seat good enough for the trip? If I get a new seat, what would you recommend? I am 5'7" with a 29" inseam so it needs to sit low.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I'm 5'11" and use an Airhawk cushion for long rides. Since it adds a little height to the seat, not recommending for you. I forgot the cushion one year and did fine for the 1st half of 3000+ mile trip. But stopped and got another Airhawk for the ride home.
When I take another long trip, I'm leaving it off until I need it. I'm pretty sure my stock seat is broken into my size.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I use the stock seat , although I put on seat beads for most trips (and hot days). Rode an 800 mile day (not intentional) last Sunday coming home from the Southwest meetup and did OK.

Totally understand the desire for changing out the seat though. I have never heard a bad thing about Russel Daylong's. If you go with Corbin, I would think you would want the "close" model.

Happy touring!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I have a Diamond Custom seat. My old seat pan reshaped and recovered. It’s my third one on three different bikes and I like it. Just don’t get velour cloth. It looks good and is comfortable but the sun really fades the color. I still use beads in the summer. Allows airflow and the pressure points are constantly changing so there’s no pressure on one place. Good luck and ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts