CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Jerry and Sherry here in Palmetto Fl. I am a longtime Valkyrie and Goldwing owner and My Wife is a CTX 700 rider. I have always been massively intrigued with the CTX 1300 and there are some killer deals on many of them locally. Just one question at this point. I am struggling to find on the internet the differences between the standard and deluxe. I would love to get my hands on one of these bikes for a ride. Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
Extras on Deluxe - blacked-out wheels and side foot peg brackets (std are silver), Antilock brakes, Traction control, self-cancelling turn signals, and Bluetooth with stereo speakers (no radio). This is on US models. Either is available in black, red, or blue. White was only available ‘across the pond’.

Welcome to the forum, y’all !!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
@Sheffjs

Welcome! Besides how @fbnewell1 chimed in on your question.. I am unsure your method for researching the differences between the models..

on this very forum search you can use "standard vs deluxe"

or on Google "ctx 1300 standard vs deluxe"

the official Honda page:

that page is pretty much worthless, and it seems Honda has scrubbed the official site for CTX 1300 information... so using the power of the internet:

some articles:

"The CTX1300 was available in standard and "Deluxe" specification, the latter having traction control, ABS and Bluetooth. "

if you are shopping online be VERY careful -- often standards are identified as deluxe and vice versa.

Easy visuals for how to spot a deluxe in an online ad
1) black rims - front and rear
2) black foot peg brackets
3) all of the buttons on the dash are labeled / real buttons not blanks
4) look for the ABS ring on the front wheel

note:
USA got standard / deluxe
rest of the world ONLY got deluxe (theirs even included a center stand)

of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention this thread of knowledge sharing:

There is a Deluxe vs Standard tab on that document which gives a good quick glance at the difference.

and if you are thinking about possibly converting a standard into a deluxe.. you will want to chat up @stas-ok and discuss how involved the process is.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum. I got a CTX 1300 Deluxe and to be honest I wanted a Deluxe because it is the Deluxe. Now that I have my Deluxe, it really is not much of a noticeable difference. You get the stereo bluetooth stuff but honestly it's not that great and out of date. The traction control and ABS are nice but some don't like thies features. I think either way it's a really good bike and I highly recommend it, Deluxe or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts