CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
Compare the width of the sport version with the tour version. Sport is narrower vs the wider tour. Then decide which is preferred. Both are the same price.
The bolt on is about $27 lower priced but the clamp on gives you that option to remove easily with no holes left.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That is the one thing I have an issue with is the rear view mirrors are not in a good position for me to see so I am adding another set on the handlebars to give me a better view behind me.
This has been bugging me a bit. I have tired a few things but I just can't see out of my factory mirrors. I can see the reflection of my hands a bit but not much else.Am I sitting in the wrong position? I just am not getting how these mirrors work in the position they are at. I tired adjusting them but no luck. I added a set of aftermarket mirrors but it would be nice to see the ones the bike came with. I am about 5'10" and 220 and the bike feels very comfortable under me. Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
Many of us originally lowered the handlebars a bit. I read about doing this before picking mine up in April 2014 so had the dealer adjust the bars. I had them adjusted so with the bars turned to the stop on one side and the storage box lid open on that side the cables hanging under the bar just barely cleared the storage lid. This way I was seeing the very same way as I did with my ST1100 before it. I could see my knuckles along the very top inside portion of the mirror, and the reservoirs did block the very inside bottom corner of the mirrors. Otherwise I adjust the mirror on each side to show somewhat out to the side. I could see what was straight back in the inner 1/4 of the center of the mirror and out to the sides for the rest. If I adjusted the mirrors any more in then I would only see my own bike. I know what that looks like so don't need to see it in the mirrors.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I tried every adjustment suggestion on this forum when I got my bike, I also took it back to the dealer I bought it from in an attempt to adjust the bars "properly" - nope never solved it. I could never see out the factory mirror correctly. I bought addon mirrors and I am safer for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have windshield extenders on both of my bikes. I got them off of Ebay for about $25 each and have been happy with them. They have withstood speeds over 100 mph . The one on the CTX1300 is set at the lowest setting and by adjusting just the angle I can move the airstream from chin to above my head.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I been using my X-creen for years now. Like you, I bought the brackets, not wanting to drill holes in my windshield until I was sure. Didn't take but a ride or two before I mounted the X-creen permanently to my tall windshield. Once I adjusted it properly, just below my line of sight, I never adjusted it again. Haven't found a situation when I wouldn't want it in place.

What I like about it most is the flexibility to set it just where I want. Just the right height for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I went with a cheaper Windscreen spoiler to start, it arrived late today and I just installed it and my new RAM phone mount this evening. I was about to get the X-Creen but I have been spending like crazy on my new bike and I am not even sure if I want a spoiler. I got one of Amazon and it seems like its not bad, feels sturdy and seems very adjustable. I can't compare it to the X-Creen as I have never had one. I'll post some pics and a review once I take it out for a ride.

This is the one I ordered, Link

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I tried out the new Windscreen Spoiler on a 75 mile ride this morning. It worked very well. No more buffeting around my helmet and the air flor was just better all around. I got up to about 80 mph and it feels much better now. The spoiler itself seems secure and well made so far. I have no complaints at all and am happy with my choice so far.

Thanks,
James

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
JamesLaz one thing you might want to consider is do you look thru the windscreen or over it? That could be a big difference with any of the adjustable deflectors. Also what style helmet your wearing and how you ride. I have a full face and a modular flip up. Depending on which I use and if I have the faceshield open or the modular open it can make a world of difference in turbulence. JMHO Ride safe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I use both a half helmet and a LS2 full modular helmet that can be converted to a three quarter or a full. So far I have only tried the new windscreen spoiler with my half helmet. I look through now that I have the windscreen spoiler, before I was looking over, that extra few inches of the windscreen spoiler makes a huge difference. I will try my other helmet in all its variations and see how that works out as well.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use the LS2 Valiant modular helmet. When it's warm I ride with just the sun visor down. It is quiet enough behind the windshield and extender that I can hear the cheap aftermarket sound system I installed up to about 60 mph.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts