CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a 6-day, 1,604-mile trip into the mountains with 6 other guys. Went from Jax, FL to Seneca, SC first day. Got up the next day and rode the Moonshiner 28 from Walhalla, SC to Deals Gap and then to the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville. We checked in and then rode the Dragon out and back and then the Cherahala Skyway and returned to Robbinsville to chill for the night. Next day rode East to Little Switzerland, NC stopping at Wheels Thru Time Muesum in Maggie Valley. We spent two days and nights at the Switzerland Inn riding several of the cool loops there and playing back and forth on the Blueridge parkway. Great good fun. Then we headed home, two of us riding the entire distance of 540 miles in one day to get back to Jax. Great trip and the CTX was a blast to ride in the mountains. It also was a breeze to ride all day as we did coming home.

On the 10th of July, one of my riding buddies from the trip above and I are heading out for an event in Davey, WV. We will be taking back roads up thru Ga to stay the night with a friend in Shelby, SC. who will join us the next day for the trip theu scenic roads in SC and NC to Davey, WV. Saturday there will be rides around the mountains of WV with about 50 or so other bikes and then returning that night for a bar-b-que and beer bash. No riding allowed for that...the sponsor of the event has shuttles to carry people to and from the event from the only two motels in the area. Very nice of them. Sunday we will head out for a two-day trip back to Jax. The route is unplanned right now, but it will be as scenic and involve as little interstate as possible. Should be 1,350 miles up and back plus whatever we do on Saturday in the mountains.

I have 5,000 miles on the bike now and I suspect that it will have close to 7,000 on it when we get back.

Reactions: bob and sleepngbear

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll be doing my first motorcycle tours this year (2, maybe 3 if I'm lucky) but they'll be limited to the western states. I gotta go east next year and sample some of these roads. Who wouldn't want to ride through a place called Little Switzerland?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts