CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, for the first time, I could not start my Red Dlx with 2,000 miles while in gear. Clutch pulled in, kickstand up, holding it level.

I thought I could do that before, and the manual confirms it.

Any thoughts or similar experience? I just installed driving lights with a relay connected to the turn signals, and I don't expect any cause there. But it sure seems coincidental that this problem started right after....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Check the connection on the clutch switch sounds like it may have fallen out of adjustment.. This happend on my st1300 there is a very small switch inside the clutch lever if it gets dirty or OUT of adjustment the bike will NOT start in gear or if the KICK STAND IS DOWN

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
And just for the "gotcha" thing make sure you didn't hit the cutoff switch! or if you did and turned it back on make sure you turn the key off then on again. BTDT.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kniterider - you are correct, thanks. Turns out it was that adjustable clutch lever I mentioned in another thread. It doesn't clear my Kury ISO grips at the shortest span. I musta bumped against it and pushed it back to the "too tight" setting.

I think I will remove it and list it for sale on this site. Works great with standard grips, but not with mine.

Bob - even worse when you bump the switch while riding. BTDT2

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad I could help only reason I knew that I had dis assembled **** near my entire electrical assembly just tried to save you my stupidity

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad I could help only reason I knew that I had dis assembled **** near my entire electrical assembly just tried to save you my stupidity
Lord know I have enough of my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts