CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a couple of NOCO GB 40 boosters for the bike and car as well as a NOCO G4 automatic battery charging station. NOCO - 1000A Lithium Jump Starter - GB40 and NOCO - 4.4A 4-Bank Battery Charger and Maintainer - G4 . In addition to the standard booster clamps that come with it NOCO has available a cable that plugs into the GB40 and wires directly to the battery NOCO - X-Connect Eyelet Terminal - GC002 . The cable ends are proprietary, but easily adapted to SAE or lighter plugs as needed NOCO - X-Connect . On the bike I don't carry the clamps in order to save space, the boost pack and it's charge cable fit in the factory tool kit holder perfectly.
I was able to route the wire out below the left dash compartment without modifying anything. When not it use it tucks neatly out of the way. My only complaint is that the cable end cap isn't as secure as I'd like, so I put a couple wraps of electrical tape around it to ensure it stays closed.I haven't had nor do I foresee having charging system issues. I do ride in some very remote areas of the PNW so self rescue is a serious consideration. Also it's handy for charging electronics and as a flashlight. The unit is USB rechargeable and has a USB 12V outlet in addition to the boost cable outlet.
After I get my new tires mounted up this weekend I'm going to pull the upper plastics off to replace the air filter. While it's apart I'll in search of space to mount a small onboard air system using Viair components. I don't have very high hope of finding enough available space but it's worth a shot. The compressor is 6.75X3.75X6.25 inches plus it'll need at least 1/2 clearance around it and anything heat sensitive. If it works out I'll do an in depth install thread.
20200825_144239_resized.jpg 20200901_160402_resized.jpg 20200901_160622_resized.jpg 20200901_160637_resized.jpg 20200901_164813_resized.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
This are great units. They come highly recommend. I have used the battery bank charger/maintainer for a year now, connected to 4 bikes, no issues at all even in the coldest days this past winter. For the battery jumper/booster, I don’t have one yet, it is on my “ things to get next “ list, but they are highly recommended by Mr Phill Waters the owner of the Cleveland moto Motorcycle sales and Repaires and also from the “Cleveland moto “ podcast . He claims that you can even jump a pick up truck with the NOCO jumper/booster.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This are great units. They come highly recommend. I have used the battery bank charger/maintainer for a year now, connected to 4 bikes, no issues at all even in the coldest days this past winter. For the battery jumper/booster, I don’t have one yet, it is on my “ things to get next “ list, but they are highly recommended by Mr Phill Waters the owner of the Cleveland moto Motorcycle sales and Repaires and also from the “Cleveland moto “ podcast . He claims that you can even jump a pick up truck with the NOCO jumper/booster.
I've boosted my neighbors 4.0L Jeep with the GB 40 a couple of times. Didn't even slow it down. As for the charger/maintainer I like that it works with pretty much any battery type as well as the capability to service up to 4 batteries at once.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had no luck finding a suitable point to mount my compressor for onboard air.
I believe a smaller compressor would be doable, but the reliability of compressors in that size range is questionable at best.
Instead of hard mounting it I'll just leave it in the bag and velcro it in place in the left saddlebags with my other self rescue gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts