CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm getting crazy connecting the CTX to an N-Com Bluetooth Kit 3+. The bike is recognizing the Kit (1 second sound). But after that the bluetooth symbol disappears!?

Would anybody help me, please!?:(

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
You may have the BT connecting but do you have the audio MODE set to send to BT?
Each time you tap the Mode button you switch modes...
USB to Speakers, USB to BT, BT to Speakers, BT to BT.
The symbol may not show if you are not using that mode even if the connection is set.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm using mode 4 USB-symbol to headphone-symbol.

The problem seems to be on the n-com side not recognizing the connection.

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Only other thing I can think of is are you sure the n-com is A2DP compatible? The bike requires that (my older Scala Q2 is not and is not even recognized by the bike). Also, I've read of issues with the Nolan n-com system communicating with other BT systems. It's proprietary so isn't compatible with all standard BT 2.0 or 3.0 A2DP systems. Don't what else otherwise.

Anyone else have ideas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just connected my smartphone and it works (but only after pushing a combination of buttons on the n-com). N-com is A2DP compatible. But when connecting the smartphone I had to accept the connection on the smartphone and after that the n-com exits the "setting mode" which it doesn't when connecting to the bike. Do I have to push another button after using "mode" and "Vol-up" ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
On the bike I used mode and vol up to connect the n-com (which seemed to work, there was the 1 second beep and the BT symbol).

The other thing was, I connected the n-com to my smartphone (using the mp3-player) for testing, which worked.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: after a conversation with a guy of Nolan Germany I've updated the firmware to the latest version. Still the same :eek:. The Nolan guy will call me on friday. I'll keep you updated. :mad:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Promised Update: just talked to the guy of Nolan Germany again. He told me the same things as last time and it still doesn't work. Even connecting it as a mobile phone, as the guy suggested, doesn't work. :mad:
Next step is, I'm taking a 2 hours ride to Nolan Germany next friday and see if they can connect the systems ("We did it with Harley, BMW and Triumph, so we can do it with Honda"). We'll see :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Promised Update: just talked to the guy of Nolan Germany again. He told me the same things as last time and it still doesn't work. Even connecting it as a mobile phone, as the guy suggested, doesn't work. :mad:
Next step is, I'm taking a 2 hours ride to Nolan Germany next friday and see if they can connect the systems ("We did it with Harley, BMW and Triumph, so we can do it with Honda"). We'll see :cool:
Good luck! If nothing else, you'll at least have a nice ride out of it. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's friday and I have been at Nolan Germany.

What a ride! :eek:

Traffic jam all over the place and high temperature with hot vehicles all around me (it felt like a sauna). :mad:

Ok, now to the purpose of this journey: the tech guy grabbed my helmet and asked me to start the pairing on the CTX. Guess what: exactly the same result as my several tries. :cool: After we tried several times again he came back with a helmet with their latest Bluetooth product. CTX and helmet paired perfectly, but he did not get the helmet to play the music from the bike. :mad:

Next step is to email him all the details (scans of the driver booklet) and the facts I already mailed him. He will send this info to the main office in Italy.

In the meantime I use my MP3-Player connected with a cable. :(

BTW: on my way back I've been hit by a truck! He touched my left pannier from behind (he couldn't see me). As far as I can tell there is no damage except some small scratches on the plastic. I didn't check the mounting of the pannier though.

Man, what a day! :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Guys, I need your help!

Nolan asked me to send them the scans I've sent in english.

This was the instruction how to connect a BT headset to the bike.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, and BTW it's the complete page, not only the part I've attached :rolleyes:

:ty:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nobody with a scanner to help me :confused: :(

Or a picture ??

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Guys, I need your help!

Nolan asked me to send them the scans I've sent in english.

This was the instruction how to connect a BT headset to the bike.

Thanks for your help!

Here is the US English version of the owners manual audio section that includes instructions how to pair the bike with devices. Remember the audio device is the player, or USB stick, or BT connected phone, etc. The sound device is the helmet headset.

This is a link to my Google Drive document of the PDF file for this document.

This link will open the document online, but I highly recommend that you then download it for better performance.
Please let me know if there is a problem getting to the document.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts