CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that Honda Australia has only a limited supply of parts available for the CTX in Australia. have had to wait 4 weeks for a back rest only to be told the rack to fit it to is on back order from the factory. 6-8 weeks at best.
My local dealer has done all he can to chase one up but... no luck. I've ordered one from the US and should be here in a couple of weeks, but not a good introduction to a new model from Honda for its Australian customers.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Sorry to hear about your less than positive experience. Unfortunately, you're not the first. Honda has been really slow out of the gate with parts and accessories for this bike. They are out there and making their way to dealers, but God only knows how they've prioritized and planned this distribution.

Hang in there -- they will be coming, and hopefully the after-market kicks in soon as well. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local dealer Gave me the backrest this morning, and said to bring it and the rack over and will fit it for me when it arrives from the US if I want. Cant complain about his service, and happy to give him a good word.. Chris Watson Motorcycles in Cessnock NSW.
PS my z1000j developed a not to nice rattle in the top end on a ride during the week so about to have a look and see what that is $$$$$$. All part of the fun of old bikes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts