CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So I've been checking out reviews of the CTX1300 on several websites, and one thing is troubling me. Although the reviews are positive, almost "glowing," there aren't many, if any, comments posted to these reviews by people who own this bike. In fact, the majority of comments are from people who wrote something a year ago and tacked it onto the review. Some of these (if not most of them) are statements saying how ugly the bike is, or how it isn't a "real" motorcycle or some such garbage. Many of these comments were posted before the bike was even for sale, based solely on photos released from motorcycle shows where even the author of the article didn't see one in-person. Let's do this: Let's start leaving a sentence or two at these websites saying what we agree with or disagree with in the review and giving an honest opinion from an OWNER of this machine. It's not that I think we can magically make this bike more popular; it's just that I feel bad for anyone to miss out on how fantastic it really is. Nothing beats actual saddle experience! Here's an example of what I'm talking about: https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014/05/26/2014-honda-ctx1300-deluxe-review-whats-line/

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too look for reviews and info everywhere I can find it. But I don't pay any attention to the naysayers, Mainly because they are just die hard Harley riders. If it isn't a Harley then they don't like it. I have ridden Harleys but never owned one and have never had wanted to own one. I love smooth quiet bikes. And no body does that better then Honda. I think the CTX 1300 is awesome and I have not even road one yet. But that will soon come to an end. Shane if you get over on this side of the bay look me up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think this is a good idea. However, I also think it would be good for CTX owners to ping the various aftermarket parts manufacturers. They use such info to guide research and development. I've been a real pest with Racetech lately. I want them to develop custom valves for the front suspension. No luck yet. But if everyone pinged them, they might get going on it. Race Tech Suspension

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
If I read one more review that focuses on the writer's inability to classify this motorcycle as a cruiser or a sportbike or a ....:eek::350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
229 Posts
What a good idea a riders review,I have had mine since last September and mileage of 1700 odd.
I think it could do with highway pegs, sometimes I feel I want to change my leg position,the rear seat could be more comfortable for the pillion passenger( coming from a GL1800).Removable bags(panniers) like the BMW would have it's advantages as well.
Maybe a larger capacity fuel tank ( I could get near 240 miles out of the Wing) going steady.
The CTX I am struggling to get 200 miles to a tank.
I miss the Wing but not the weight of it,a colleague also with a Wing,is seriously considering the 1600 BMW,he did road test my CTX but it was not for him.
It suits me but then I am old.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Being old suits me just fine. No work makes Bruce happy.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the bike will sell many more now and have many more ride reports from the guys we want to here from very soon with the price drops
I just saw a standard at a store for 10k with a tall screen
at these prices they will run out of the floors they are sitting on
shame we will have no exclusivity if they are half price

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shane if you get over on this side of the bay look me up.
Will do! I know I will be doing some traveling through this summer. :)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I read one more review that focuses on the writer's inability to classify this motorcycle as a cruiser or a sportbike or a ....:eek::350x700px-LL-66dd6d
Exactly this! This is the Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. They should leave it as "It's just a great bike" and not fret so much about which category to squeeze it into.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think people is big enough to buy or not, regardless of what others write about a particular model.
The bike is NOT good for me, and you can make a song about it if you want...because it costs 18.700 euro in Spain and for that money I want a radio, a windscreen and a good fairing - and a big rebate.
I need it to do not less tan 400.000 km if I want it to be a good bussiness. So it is not you, is Mr. HONDA who has to re-think what is wrong with this "sleeper": was the iron frame a good decisión? was it the battery up, the plastic tank, the mirrors, the pillion seat, was the lack of things "buy-a-gold-wing-better-boy" a good strategy?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry for upsetting you, bicilindro. Maybe you mis-read my original post. I am talking specifically to the people who own this motorcycle. I would not expect someone who doesn't own the CTX1300 to have an informed opinion at all, let alone post an "owner's perspective" on a web revew. I do hope you find that radio, windscreen, good fairing and rebate on a motorcycle some day. Perhaps you could choose from some of the wonderful Spanish manufacturers? If you don't like this bike, or you can't afford it, there are many other brands out there. Good luck finding what you want. My original point was that not many people are giving their ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with this machine out there on the internet. I will take three sentences from a real owner over three pages from someone who has never even sat on one before. I'm really just asking the people who actually know about this bike to share their knowledge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The industry in Spain is very small. Yamaha entered buying the brand Sanglas. Honda did the same buying Montesa, and Kawa did the same with Derbi.
Ossa has been "awaked" and so was Bultaco.
But the continuity in production was broken in the seventies.
Were them good bikes ( or wonderful ) ? Not really, but in the past ( not SO past ) bikes were faster and bikers were younger. And somehow the bike market became very similar to the yacht market: "As Big and Expensive as possible".
And ( finishing soon with your gentle permission ) as they say: there is only one better day than the day you buy a yacht. The day you sell it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts