CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
now for the record I got a great deal on my ctx
also for the record I guess I bought 60 days early as Honda has dropped 3000 off the price
now in no way shape or form am I trying to piss anyone off but
for the guys that bought early and paid retail
they all get the fact that all the new guys that are buying at the current prices got great deals
I don't know that its in the best interest of the forum to continue the fact that all the Honda dealers are handing guys keys for free when you walk through the doors for new ctx's
personally I think its an absolute embarrassment that Honda is doing this to the guys that paid retail
also great work on all the new guys getting a great price it just seems like a huge slap in the face for the other guys
if Honda built a 10k bike they should have sold it as a 10 bike
Ferrari sells 300k cars to 300k buyers and they are not on every corner
that is what I thought I was buying
not a bike that Honda would give away for free 2 months after I bought mine
and I only paid 12k for mine
truth is I feel horrible for the guys that paid retail and do not for one minute believe they are ok with current pricing
I think that getting these bikes sold so we can move on is in Hondas best interest so giving details on pricing and location is great but asking guys that spent 18k on a bike if 10 k with 2k in extras is a good deal and should you buy is a slap in the face and the duh moment of the day
I believe Honda should have stayed with some sort of exclusivity on this one
after all there is nothing like it on the market
now if only I can ride mine maybe 50 deg next week here in mn
sorry for the downer
we just have Honda to blame on this one
don't come out with a new product if your going to panic and give it away
yup im not happy with Honda
k im done for now

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
k had some whiskey, so in short what im saying is guys that buy bikes like this don't want to see them every time the stop at a corner
it is a different bike and should not be sold at half price
we bought it because it was different not so Honda could give them away man I could go on for hours
but I wont
and im rally a very happy guy I promise

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Glad to hear you're good with your bike. I'm good with mine too. I didn't pay the most for mine but I definitely didn't pay the low prices I see today since I bought at the end of April last year. I still think I got a good deal and expected to pay a premium for a first run issue of this wonderful machine. All the time I had my ST1100 I saw maybe 3 other ST bikes on the road other than when attending ST events. Now there are even less and less ST bikes at those events since many riders with those are itching for a new sport touring bike and Honda doesn't have any now. I'm OK with having a unique bike. Makes it special for me. If someone here wants to ask how good a great deal is here I'm OK with that too. They are just now getting in the CTX ownership thing and likely didn't know what the "deals" were last year. I just gladly encourage them about the great deal they are seeing these days and move on.

· Registered
432 Posts
k had some whiskey,

and im rally a very happy guy I promise
Fully understand what you're saying and empathize. But I wouldn't assume that those of us buying now are out of the woods either. It will depend upon how the market treats the bike down the road whether we have a valuable classic, an "also ran" or a dismal orphan.

It's a matter of perspective: I wish I'd bought stock in Apple in the '70's and been in the WalMart profit sharing plan when they opened.

If your bike pleases you and fits your mission profile, then nothing else matters. If it doesn't, then it won't matter what you paid for it, you'll never be happy.

So keep your chin up and remember that lots of people paid for First Class staterooms on the Titanic...but eventually they all wound up in the same boat.:)

· Registered
2,179 Posts
I put a deposit on mine weeks before the dealer had any in stock, before I had even seen one in person let alone ride one. I wanted this bike. Period. At paper signing time, because I've bought so many bikes from this dealer and have virtually all of my service done there, they knocked a whopping $500 off sticker. It was just a few months later that guys here were reporting some really nice deals. I said oh well, that's the price I pay for wanting this bike right off the boat. And I've never regretted it for a second. I wanted the bike, and I was willing to pay what they were asking for it at the time. Yeah, it's probably killing my resale value, but I'm planning on keeping this one first a very long time, so who cares. I'm the only one that could possibly be harmed in all this, and I don't feel harmed in the least. I bought the bike to ride it, not to see how cheap I could get it.

· Registered
143 Posts
I have to admit I am a little put off by the HUGE discount on the bike also. Anytime you have large manufacturer rebates, it affects the resale value for all owners. That is why most German brand automobiles does the sign and drive, low interest, etc. and not rebates like GM and Dodge have.

I am trying to figure out why Honda is throwing $3,000 out there on these bikes..did they overproduce that bad? Especially as March has arrived, motorcycle sales naturally turn up for a majority of the country, and I would have thought the $1,500 would clean out most of the warehouses...and I haven't heard ANYTHING on the 2015's!

I am under no illusion that when I trade this bike in, I am going to experience the lack of demand and pricing that is going on now. What can I say, other than I REALLY like the bike, and enjoy it so it is the price of entertainment, so my only way to not get beat up so bad, is to keep the bike a few more years...but that isn't easy for me :)

Actually I was looking at the new F6B with cruise control. IF Honda keeps up the heavy rebates, and they throw $3,000 at this bike, perhaps that is what I will do. Truly I believe the CTX is worth more than what Honda is doing to the bike, it has a lot of features, quality is Honda, and they should have done a MUCH better job in the marketing department. Instead of the $3,000 rebates, they should have used more of that money to get the dealers on board, do some nationwide campaigns, etc.

When you ride the bike, it is the real deal. I have not had the bike out much...looks like that will change :) as we are finally feeling some above average temperatures. However, people that have looked at my bike think it is the coolest bike every...and they aren't telling me this to make me feel better, they are impressed by its futuristic looks, and the alternative to all the other bikes on the road. To me it is a practical bike, bags and enough wind protection.

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Just to add in my own experience:
I paid $17500 for my bike. The only "deal" I got was the passenger backrest and luggage rack thrown in for $100. Having said that, they gave me 72 month financing at very low interest and no down payment AND 90 days first payment deferrment. I rode last summer for free, as far as I'm concerned. The thing is, I consider my bike to be worth what I paid for it. Other people getting it for less money doesn't make me love my bike less, but I am VERY happy for them. I would love to see another CTX1300 on the road. I don't know enough about marketing or financial logistics or even dealerships to have an informed opinion.
But I do know that I love my motorcycle, and even if Honda started giving away keys as prizes in cereal boxes, my bike would still be just as awesome. I admit that, since I don't intend to trade this one in anytime within the next 20 years, my opinion might not be the same as anyone else's. Good luck, and I hope the miles and smiles pile up!

· Registered
432 Posts
I wanted this bike. Period.

I'm planning on keeping this one a very long time, so who cares. I'm the only one that could possibly be harmed in all this, and I don't feel harmed in the least. I bought the bike to ride it, not to see how cheap I could get it.
+1

I fell head over heels when I put a leg over it at the dealership. I said to the dealer: "Whatever you're asking for it isn't enough!!"

(OK, I'm lying about that part:wink:))

And even though the bike I ordered hasn't even arrived yet (they take their time ensuring BLUE bikes are the highest quality:)) and I've already seen other buyers get "better" pricing, I believe the return on my dollar will be in the form of the enjoyment it gives me, rolling down the backroads, taking in the scenery and occasionally terrorizing wildlife.:rotfl9:

And that's enough:smiley-happy0034:

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
I cannot help but to keep in mind one simple truth about everything we buy. Be it a candy bar, clothes, lawn mowers, cars, or even houses. They are all the same in my book. We aren't buying investments, stocks, mutual funds here (those I expect/hope will be worth more later). So all these purchases that I make like this bike are for ME. Not for any perceived resale value to someone I don't know and don't really care if they like it. I am convinced that resale value is irrelevant to me. It is a concept dreamed up by commercial corporations to persuade me to buy more of something I don't want simply on the premise that I could sell it to someone else for a higher price. I bought it for ME, not someone else. IT'S AN EXPENSE, NOT AN INVESTMENT. It comes down to I don't care what I paid for the bike compared with what someone else paid for it. I paid what I thought it was worth to me and if I sell it someday, instead of riding it until it breaks apart, and if I get any kind of price when I do sell it, I'll be happy with the joy received from riding this fine machine that fits me and my riding style so well. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.