CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I wanted to thank everyone on here for answering a lot of my questions before I purchase my CTX 1300. I think this bike is perfect for me as its not as bulky as the GW but has similar benefits/handling/power.

Although Honda pricing is a little high in my opinion, it is still going to be worth it. This leads me to my next question which may be a sore subject for some people.

What is the "Out the Door" price people are paying for their CTX 1300 Deluxes? I have been on the phone all day with dealers and it seems like this number can vary quite a bit.

The ball is in my court, I could pay cash, I could finance, I can wait and be patience and travel to many dealers in Socal. I do recognize the great promotions Honda is offering right now but just want to see what the floor is on these bikes.

If no one wants to answer, that is just fine too..hopefully I can pick up my new CTX 1300 Deluxe this week without getting hit too hard financially.

To summarize:

- Anyone know what the dealers are buying these bikes at?
- What is the "Out the Door" price people are paying for their CTX 1300 Deluxes?
- I also understand that California prices might be higher than some other states? If someone can confirm on this as well.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

· Registered
2,179 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!

As for prices, everything I've seen says it varies from one dealer to another. Some dealers won't budge from MSRP, but most seem to be knocking off anything from a few hundred to $1500. I had a deposit on mine before it was even in the showroom, and they took $500 off the sticker. All I had to add on top of that was RI's lovely 7% sales tax. I now see them on the floor at $1,000 under MSRP, with no destination charge.

I have no idea what dealer's margins are or how much room they have with discounts and still be able to make something on each sale, so I couldn't even begin to guess what their actual cost is. I haven't seen anyone on the forums here yet who works for a dealer that might even know, and I'd doubt they'd be able to reveal that anyway.

I'd say you'd be doing well to get $1,000 off sticker, maybe more maybe less, depending on if/what you're trading, how badly the dealer wants to move the bike, and what kind of mood your salesperson is in that day.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply.. I just saw that there was another area for pricing. My apologies for not seeing it before I posted.

When you say $1000 off sticker? you mean if MSRP is $17,499, you ride off with only paying 16,500 even after taxes? Has anyone been able to do that recently? Ive spoken with 'Sales manager on duty' of 10 dealers today, two want 19k OTD, two want 18k OTD, and one guy supposedly only wants 17k OTD. I am okay with 17k, if you manage to pull 16.5k OTD, i'd say thats pretty good. I read a previous thread where someone mentions OTD for 15k, but wasn't sure if that was the non-Deluxe model or just lives in a state where it is cheaper?

· Registered
2,179 Posts
Thanks for the reply.. I just saw that there was another area for pricing. My apologies for not seeing it before I posted.

When you say $1000 off sticker? you mean if MSRP is $17,499, you ride off with only paying 16,500 even after taxes? Has anyone been able to do that recently?
Oh gosh, no. I'm talking $1000 off MSRP before adding taxes. But it sounds like people are getting even better deals than that -- though I'd find it very hard to believe that $16,201 for a Deluxe includes sales tax. That's a huge discount for even an older model, never mind one that's only been out a few months.

· Registered
282 Posts
A deluxe can be obtained for about $15600. Just got to shop around and get lucky. I think some dealers are willing to sell at invoice just so they get your service money later. And I'm happy to oblige.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Welcome here!
Just to add to the conversation it is different at different dealerships what OTD means. For some it's total delivered including ALL fees and taxes, etc. For others it's everything EXCEPT tax-title-plates/registration. I don't mind mentioning... Mine quoted me the OTD price per the latter. Looking on my invoice the total cost paid when I was driving away with it was less than $16600 and that included $99 for the tall shield to be delivered for free in 2 weeks. As mentioned, the prices vary widely depending on the dealer. I think I received a very good deal indeed. But I would have still paid it had it been higher. Since title fees and other fees are what vary most and are usually not so flexible, go for the best price you can get.

· Premium Member
907 Posts
My dealer didn't budge on the MSRP, but I did whittle down the other fees, and I got him to throw in the passenger backrest for $200. My OTD price, with everything figured in, was $18K. That seems like a lot (and it is), but they gave me some sweet financing options like zero down, 72 months to pay, and three months deferred first payment. I've been riding all summer for "free." Sadly, I bought mine before the $1000 in accessories offer. Or at least before I knew about it haha. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

· Premium Member
101 Posts
Sports Cycle Rockingham NC

Sold me a Deluxe with a deposit. Before they were released in April for $15,600. 3 percent NC sales tax. Title / tag. Out the door $16,201. Drive away. Simple strategy, I just spent $750. On the rear carrier, backrest, centerstand, suspension tool. And the tall windshield installed at delevery about $150.00 in April. They will get my service business @ 4000 miles next month & the center stand install after reading those recent threads. I'm sorry for the dealer I first tried to buy from wouldn't play ball. WHO IS THE DEALER THAT IS NOW MAKING SOME PROFIT? Different business philosophies. Shop around , don't be afraid to expect a deal.

Reactions: sleepngbear

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. I think I might pull the trigger on this. Im sure I could squeak lower but this deal is right next to my house and I wont have to drive or sacrifice color.

Dealer offered me 17k OTD after all fees..Plus $150 gift card on service or gear, and because of the Honda deal, I get 1k free in accessories and 1.99% financing if I qualify.

If the number above at 15,600 is something the local deal would even consider, that means i'd lose about $1500 after tax.

Considering this deal is 10 mins away, they have the model on the floor (which most dont) and I could get it done today I might just pull the trigger..

Thanks again everyone..

-- Ben:smileygarden_de_ban

· Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,126 Posts
I called five dealers in NC: Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Rockingham, and Raleigh. Each dealer had their own OTD price. Rockingham quoted the OTD price at $16,201. Winston Salem matched, and then offered more 'deals' to make the package more appealing. Greensboro quoted $16,800 OTD. Raleigh was hard on their price and would not budge from MSRP. When I said they would need to get their price to $16,000 they had a fit and I ended up on the phone with a manager (who was not happy). Charlotte did not bother to talk.... they could not beat Winston Salem or Rockingham.

· Registered
37 Posts
I got lucky - my dealer had bought a large lot of bikes from Honda, including a couple of CTX's, F6B's, and who knows what else.

Their pricing must have been incredible, as I got my Deluxe for $13,999 OTD, no additional fees, just sales tax. Throw in the $1,000 in free accessories, 1.99% financing, and a year added to the warranty - tough to pass that up.

I doubt I would have bought the bike even for $1,000 off MSRP, but I'm glad I did buy it, it's turned out to be better than I expected.

When I'm bike shopping I spend a fair amount of time on Cycletrader and doing nationwide craigslist search by dealer.

I found my new leftover VFR1200 for $9,999 at DFW Honda on craigslist, and have found several bikes on Cycletrader (new leftover loss leaders mostly, but bikes I've been looking for)

· Registered
8 Posts
I got lucky - my dealer had bought a large lot of bikes from Honda, including a couple of CTX's, F6B's, and who knows what else.

Their pricing must have been incredible, as I got my Deluxe for $13,999 OTD, no additional fees, just sales tax. Throw in the $1,000 in free accessories, 1.99% financing, and a year added to the warranty - tough to pass that up.

I doubt I would have bought the bike even for $1,000 off MSRP, but I'm glad I did buy it, it's turned out to be better than I expected.

When I'm bike shopping I spend a fair amount of time on Cycletrader and doing nationwide craigslist search by dealer.

I found my new leftover VFR1200 for $9,999 at DFW Honda on craigslist, and have found several bikes on Cycletrader (new leftover loss leaders mostly, but bikes I've been looking for)
How do you search by dealer on GL?

· Registered
37 Posts
How do you search by dealer on GL?
I don't use searchtempest, but I think it will search by dealer.

I just type in Google's browser (for example) Honda CTX1300 site:craigslist.org and the resulting hits show enough text of the ad (usually) to determine if it's a dealer sale.

Honda has a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy, so you might have to pick up the phone to get the good numbers.

· Premium Member
221 Posts
Since taxes vary dramatically, I think an apples-to-apples comparison should be sale price of bike before tax, tag and title. With that said, volume Honda dealers will sell a Deluxe for under $16k. Mine was $15,897.

Eric

· Registered
432 Posts
My dealer has a brand new red CTX1300A (Deluxe) listed for $11,900.

That price includes the current $3000 Honda promotion which applies to both the CTX1300A and CTX1300 (Standard).

Other than sales tax, there are no other charges for dealer prep, etc.

· Registered
822 Posts
There's been some Standard models on eBay for $7,995.00. That's 50% off List Price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.