CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a phone call yesterday from a man who identified himself as Ottos' son. He informed me that his Father had died on the second of July as a result of a triple aneurysm at the age of 83. He (the son) had just recently gained access to his dads phone, and was in the process of alerting the persons in his contact list.
Otto was a serious Motorcyclist, right up until his last day. RIP Otto.

FS

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sad news. Thanx, FatStrat, for sharing that with this community.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry to hear but glad the son is providing closure for many people.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I camped with Otto twice. The first time was in Central Texas with members of the ST forum and then at Two Wheels. Good Man.

·
Registered
327 Posts
...Otto was a serious Motorcyclist, right up until his last day. RIP Otto.

FS
Very sad indeed. I so enjoyed riding and camping with him at the Western meetup in Colorado a few years ago. He had such passion and love of the ride. For sure, a serious motorcyclist right up until his last day.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I was lucky enough to ride with Otto three times. A true enthusiast who was a blast to ride with. RIP Otto. You will be missed.🙏🙏

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Otto was a great guy. I met him at our first Meetup in the Mountains during the summer of 2015. He was always a great person to ride with, share stories with, and get ride advice from. He continued to ride, long distance, in his later years. A true inspiration!

Otto, you will be missed brother.

Peace,
Hansen

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
So Sorry to hear of Otto's passing. My condolencs. Ride in peace Otto! Sur enjoyed meeting him in the Meeting in the mountains. He will be missed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I only met Otto once at that first Meetup in the Mountains, and I was instantly impressed that he was the "real deal". I am a quiet guy and don't say much in situations like that - but I listen, and Otto was a guy that I listened closely to - and then followed everything he posted here on the forum. He was a great inspiration for us all to keep riding and enjoying life.

Reactions: HansenCTX

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Wow, just saw this post.. I only "spoke" with Otto online but it was still clear how enthusiastic he was. I lost my Father to an Aneurism when he was 60 - younger than I am now. It's very quick and a shock to all so I sure do send heartfelt sympathies to Otto's family. Really sorry to hear this.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Very sorry to see this. Rest In Peace, Otto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts