CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me tell you a story
first off, let me say, ever since i put the iridium plugs in, i cant keep the front wheel down when i crack the throttle
that being said, the other day i was following a slow moving vehicle in the morning on the way to work. After a prolonged period, there was a break in the road, and plenty of room to pass on the curb side, as it was a double wide lane. Long story short, i did make the move to pass, when the bike went into a high speed wobble, im sure it only lasted a fraction of a second, however, it did feel like an eternity. Something i have never experienced in all my years, so much so, that i figured it was time to bail, tuck and roll. Also, so much so, that i broke the carnal rule, and put my foot down, which it turn did end up stabilizing the machine. Cant stress enough how much of an eye opener it was as this was my first time i ever thought it was unsafe on a bike.
Anyhow, at the end of the day, after work, as i am bout to head home, i see something in the rear tire. Figured it was glass, turns out to be a nail. After careful examination, turns out to not be just one or two, but three.
Some douchebag dumped a load of nails on the road way, which explains the traction control not taking, and the entire bike going out of control
After a series of nails being pulled, and plugs to replace, shes good to go
Now my point is this, its bad enough, we have litter on the streets, people tossing their bottles and smokes out of their vehicles, not too mention those very same drivers not driving but "owning the road" with their phones
Now i have to watch for discarded nails!!!!!!!!!!

thats my rant
Loco D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Crazy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry about your luck, glad you're OK, now please tell us more about the plugs! Can't keep the front wheel down? That's a serious statement...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm glad you're okay. Ride safe brother... I see you're in Canada, get those last minute rides before winter sets in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts