CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As Im Learning this whole touring thing I decided I should put it to the test again. Im going to head out west in two weeks for nine days and maybe check out the Grand Canyon, Roswell馃枛馃従, petrified forest, monument valley, white sands national park, and see some of the Route 66 landmarks for picture oops!!! So I guess I'll be adding 4000 miles to this years travel.... making it 8000 for the 2020.
Now that Troy fella wants to do the million dollar highway and I'm going to pass on that one....Personal reasons.

So on this trip there a mandatory rules:

1. no rushing
2. have fun
3. don't plan too much in one day
4. take a lot of pics
5. and enjoy the route google maps sends you on
6. Check in at home more so you won't get yelled at

let's see how this one goes!!!
I'll keep you posted

Premium Member
There is a meteor crater out there near Flagstaff AZ but I can't think of it's exact name. I believe its south of I-40. Also Winslow is a neat little tourist trap if your into standing on a corner. Roewell is well Roswell with everything alien you could ever want. Zion Natl Park is worth the trip and different as your looking up at the hills vs down into the valleys. Bryce Canyon is close there also. Both a easy reach from Grand Canyon Village on the south rim. Have fun and ride safe.

Registered
My wife shot down the Meeeeeeellion dollar highway. Said if I want to do the trip I have to promise to stay together.. Honestly I am ok with it as I have done the hwy before...

Registered
As Im Learning this whole touring thing I decided I should put it to the test again. Im going to head out west in two weeks for nine days and maybe check out the Grand Canyon, Roswell馃枛馃従, petrified forest, monument valley, white sands national park, and see some of the Route 66 landmarks for picture oops!!! So I guess I'll be adding 4000 miles to this years travel.... making it 8000 for the 2020.
Now that Troy fella wants to do the million dollar highway and I'm going to pass on that one....Personal reasons.

So on this trip there a mandatory rules:

1. no rushing
2. have fun
3. don't plan too much in one day
4. take a lot of pics
5. and enjoy the route google maps sends you on
6. Check in at home more so you won't get yelled at

let's see how this one goes!!!
I'll keep you posted
I'll go along with all of that but number 5. Last weekend while enjoying the route google maps sent me on,I exited a 40 mph blind curve to find that the road changed to gravel about 10 feet ahead. No warning sign nothing, just a lack of pavement. Fortunately I was in awe of the windmill farm I was in the middle of and was only going about 20mph.I'd never been that close to the windmills before, damn those are big. Anyway it got kinda loose as you might imagine , but growing up on gravel roads paid off again and I kept it shiny side up.
The moral of my story is GOOGLE MAPS IS EVIL.

Premium Member
Travel safe.. Share a few pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Nice pics! Looks like a good trip.
Lately I almost always travel solo. Be nice to have someone along for company.

Reactions: cefox and fbnewell1

Premium Member
Is that the Forest Gump hill?

Reactions: cefox

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
It was a great trip. That Troy guy was good company. Yes mopop I travel a lot by myself also but my wife felt it would be good to travel with someone since this was my first trip like this. Google maps wasn't too bad this trip. I only got lost twice a day...馃槀馃槀
I learned a lot on this trip...
-How to pack far as clothes for hot and cold,
-Don't forget tape and super glue
the extra key came in handy
-don't plan too many sites on a travel day or allow time to take it in so you don't rush to your next spot
-stay in the same town (hotel) if possible
  • dont panic there is a subway or a sonic in every town 馃槀馃槀
  • ctx1300's kick butt. They are beautiful machines people.
it was a remarkable experience. From Roswell through Lincoln National Forest, Deming NM through Gila National Forest, Flagstaff to Kayenta the back way, and Cortez to eagles nest Colorado..... speechless rides. It was worth the planning. Thank you for YouTube videos.
I have to take a break and get back to the family time but I'll start planning in March....鉁岎煆

Premium Member
You guys really have me itching for another long trip. This is the second year in a row I鈥檓 missing one of the meet ups in the mountains. Maybe next year.

Reactions: Ctxrider44
1 - 19 of 19 Posts