CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the chances this forum can include a map of the world with dots for every owner? They do this on the Triumph Trophy owners forum and it lets everyone know where and how many.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I checked with the admins on this awhile ago -- I do t recall the exact reason why, but it's not something they can easily implement in this forum engine.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I checked with the admins on this awhile ago -- I do t recall the exact reason why, but it's not something they can easily implement in this forum engine.
A shame--I'd love to see this as well. Especially since there seem to be so few of us, though apparently the number is increasing every day.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ed,

Can we push them a bit? I would love to see where we all are...

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Apparently the location map being used on other sites is an old Google plug-in that hasn't been updated in eons. Best bet for now is to be sure to specify your location in your forum profile. As the community's population grows, may r we can have them add state by state sections, which I've seen on other sites.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I'm working on it -- I forwarded the Trophy site as an example. Maybe if we offer to bribe them with some rare, esoteric micro-brew .... :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

... and twinkies.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Reactions: sleepngbear

·
Registered
114 Posts
That reminds me of carrrying a six-pack of beer way back in the saddle-bags of my NTV 650. Man, they were absolutely water/beer-proof :eek: When I opened them the beer was in a puddle with some official papers right inside it :520:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
@flytrap, @HansenCTX, I'm not a member of either of those sites, so I need a little help --

Can you provide the link to those specific map pages (just to be sure I've got the right places -- in fact I can't even find the one on the Fury forum)?

And here's the harder part -- can you contact the site administrators and find out if the maps are just plug-ins or if they are custom code?

What might be an even bigger help is if you could get me contact info for the site admins -- preferably in a PM -- so we can maybe get our admin talking directly to theirs.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I emailed the Administrator about the technical issues. Will let you know as soon as I hear something.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I emailed the Administrator about the technical issues. Will let you know as soon as I hear something.
Ok ... that's the one I found, too. Bob also pointed me to one on the ST owners forum. We'll see if we can crack this nut. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts