85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a break at the end of the Ozello Trail near Crystal River, FL:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Well, I would put it this way: Wide hips look great on a 911, but not so much on the CTX. When I first heard about the ctx1300 and started to get serious about it, I tried to envision one without the bags. After a lot of searching, I finally found a picture of one in bagless mode. I was sold.

Most of my rides are 50 to 100 mile local circuits that start and end at my house, so I don't need to carry a lot of stuff. If I'm doing errands I wear a backpack. If I decide on a long trip, it's no big deal to put the bags back on. That picture was in the middle of an 80 mile ride I took today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been there many times... lots of curves, great riding road.

BTW TomP you're not too far from me (New Port Richey) about 40 miles south. I ride in the Crystal River, Inverness, Homassa area quite a bit.

You were asking abut RPM drop with the PC5 in another post. I don't have a baseline since I never checked prior to installing the PC5, but here's what I show currently:

70 mph - 3800 rpm
80 mph - 4400 rpm

I think I read somewhere that 3500 to 4500 rpm is the sweet spot in the power curve so that seems to be about right.

I sometimes take the Veterans Expressway to Highway 98 and the CTX just eats up the miles between 70- 80 mph. Very comfortable and stable at those speeds. I've had it well over 100 a few times (not often) and while it takes a bit of room to get there, the bike handles those speeds as well (didn't take note what the rpm was at the time)

We'll have to get together with Kook in Jacksonville sometime so we can have a Black, Red and Blue CTX ride (your CTX looks great without the bags).

Leesburg is coming up soon maybe we take meet up there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
great place to ride to. Peck's for lunch is a favorite spot. its about 1.5 hours from my house in winter Garden

John

·
Registered
227 Posts
Been there many times... lots of curves, great riding road.

BTW TomP you're not too far from me (New Port Richey) about 40 miles south. I ride in the Crystal River, Inverness, Homassa area quite a bit.

You were asking abut RPM drop with the PC5 in another post. I don't have a baseline since I never checked prior to installing the PC5, but here's what I show currently:

70 mph - 3800 rpm
80 mph - 4400 rpm

I think I read somewhere that 3500 to 4500 rpm is the sweet spot in the power curve so that seems to be about right.

I sometimes take the Veterans Expressway to Highway 98 and the CTX just eats up the miles between 70- 80 mph. Very comfortable and stable at those speeds. I've had it well over 100 a few times (not often) and while it takes a bit of room to get there, the bike handles those speeds as well (didn't take note what the rpm was at the time)

We'll have to get together with Kook in Jacksonville sometime so we can have a Black, Red and Blue CTX ride (your CTX looks great without the bags).

Leesburg is coming up soon maybe we take meet up there.
No. I think I need to get together with you guys down there and ride some of those roads. Not many like that up here and I have rode them til I am bored of them. Need some new and that looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You bet! Anytime you wanna head down, just give me a shout

·
Registered
227 Posts
You bet! Anytime you wanna head down, just give me a shout
Bought me an FZ1. It's a 2002 with only 7200 miles, and I would probably ride that when I come over. It is a blast.

Still have the CTX, BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts