CTX 1300 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Did ya all see the chrome covers offered for sale in another post ? $300 plus a pair. Ya gotta really like chrome for that much.
I guess I'm just too old to get you can put some shiny finish on a small piece of plastic for what Honda lists those chrome valve covers for $350 a pair. Surprised China didn't knock that off for $50 a pair.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I posted somewhere the covers are driving me crazy. It's been awhile since I worked on them. I just completely stripped off all the paint and just went with black until I decided what to do with the lettering.
A couple of you had some nice looking covers that were professionally done and one was water dipped, very nice.
But I'm not an experienced painter.
My only professional instruction was in first grade and it involved using fingers. The only instruction was pretty much, don't put your fingers in your mouth!
After browsing through my local buck twenty-five store looking for water based gold acrylic, I found gold glitter glue! I added more glitter so there was total coverage and I think it turned out pretty nice. It's water based so I have to seal it in well with a clear coat.
Product Jersey Sleeve Grey Font

My cheap phone camera doesn't do it justice, but it Sparkles! What's nice about it, I don't have to get paint nice and smooth with sharp edges to make it look right. My attempts at painting in the letters made it look like a highschool shop project.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hopefully. It's a really cheap water based glue but sealed with a clear coat. I wanted to use a better glue but was afraid I couldn't remove any excess around the edges. This glue made it easy to flake off the rough edges.
what a cool look! I attempted to fill in with red lettering, but it didn't hold up. I love the black cover, and the gold really makes it stand out. WELL DONE!!!!!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts