CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to pair 2 bluetooth headphones at once with the CTX1300? I would like for my partner and I to be able to listen at the same time.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
446 Posts
Does anyone know how to pair 2 bluetooth headphones at once with the CTX1300? I would like for my partner and I to be able to listen at the same time.

Thanks,

Tony
You cannot. Bluetooth does not support eavesdropping (by design) and the bike does not support two pairs of headphones.

Some BT headphones support something like a conference call system in which whatever one pair "hears" can be relayed to a second pair so you might have some luck with that.

Reactions: Tony

·
Registered
229 Posts
You cannot. Bluetooth does not support eavesdropping (by design) and the bike does not support two pairs of headphones.

Some BT headphones support something like a conference call system in which whatever one pair "hears" can be relayed to a second pair so you might have some luck with that.
It would seem IMHO that the Bluetooth system on the CTX isn't good for much.
I have a Cardo Scala Teamset Pro,and I found out via this forum that it can't pair with the CTX system.
So what will? Don't much feel like spending a load more of my hard earned cash to try something else.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It would seem IMHO that the Bluetooth system on the CTX isn't good for much.
I have a Cardo Scala Teamset Pro,and I found out via this forum that it can't pair with the CTX system.
So what will? Don't much feel like spending a load more of my hard earned cash to try something else.
I will go as far as to say I have not found much use for the CTX1300 Bluetooth system... Maybe some of the others can teach us:eek:
But I do question why you need to connect your intercom to the bike? I use a UClear HBC100plus intercom to stay connected with my wife. I pair my phone to it so I can take calls - and my wife pairs her phone to hers - but I don't know why I would need to involve the bike in any of these connections...

I have paired my phone to the bike just to see it work, but what little music I listen to on the bike I get from a USB stick. I have paired a GPS to the bike, and it works, but I have other issues with the GPS before I can really use it. So for now I really have very little use for the bike's Bluetooth.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another question on Bluetooth (with apologies to the OP): Is having my CRV in the garage next to my CTX the reason I can't pair the CTX with my iPhone? The iPhone is paired with with CRV for handsfree calling.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the SENA 20s and the Sena 10 bluetooth intercoms.. the 20s is their newset bells and whistles unit. it will allow you to both hear the music by pairing with its mate plus instant intercom and the 20s also has a built in FM radio,, BUT that being said. I am switching over to the motchello unit before I hit my serious rides this summer ( as in 1000 miles or more.) just because it was a pain in the but when my daily ride time outlasted the batteries every day

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kniterider,

With the SENA 20s's audio multitasking do the other riders also hear the music? What I am asking it whether I can buy one of the more expensive 20s's and a cheaper second intercom and have my partner hear me and the music.

Tony

·
Registered
229 Posts
I will go as far as to say I have not found much use for the CTX1300 Bluetooth system... Maybe some of the others can teach us:eek:
But I do question why you need to connect your intercom to the bike? I use a UClear HBC100plus intercom to stay connected with my wife. I pair my phone to it so I can take calls - and my wife pairs her phone to hers - but I don't know why I would need to involve the bike in any of these connections...

I have paired my phone to the bike just to see it work, but what little music I listen to on the bike I get from a USB stick. I have paired a GPS to the bike, and it works, but I have other issues with the GPS before I can really use it. So for now I really have very little use for the bike's Bluetooth.
Hi cjm,thanks for the info,I can speak to my wife via the Cardo Scala,and I have paired my phone with the Cardo which works quite well on the move,but I can't get any of my music from the USB to my headset,I am still trying to figure out how to get my Tom Tom gps to pair with either the bike or my headsets
My wife's phone is not a Bluetooth phone.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Kniterider,

With the SENA 20s's audio multitasking do the other riders also hear the music? What I am asking it whether I can buy one of the more expensive 20s's and a cheaper second intercom and have my partner hear me and the music.

Tony

You got me there sir. I know the 20s is capable of much more than sena 10. The sena 20s can even piggy back intercom off other riders in your group to extend your distance insanely. but all have to be 20s. I will try pairing my 20 s with my old 10 sometime this week after our next snow storm on Friday .

·
Registered
314 Posts
...but I can't get any of my music from the USB to my headset...
Ok, I finally get it, you are looking for music to come from the "bike" to your intercom so as both can listen to the same "stream". I am sure that there is a way somehow - but that goes way beyond my needs and technical abilities.

I do not really enjoy music while riding the bike - I will turn it on if I am deep in "cruiser" mode, puttering around the neighborhood (it's a showoff thing), but the sound quality is not good enough either from the bike's speakers or from my intercom system to really please me (not that I am an audiophile, but when I listen to music, all I want to hear is music). And for sure, my wife is not interested (for her, silence is golden).

One thing that I do enjoy is if I use the bike to go to the office (metro Atlanta traffic nightmare), I pair my intercom to my phone and run "iheartradio" to listen to talk radio (and take phone calls).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kniterider,

Thanks let me know.

Tony

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I mentioned in another post somewhere here.
I have a Scala Q2 and the BT in that is too old to work with the CTX BT. You do need a newer spec that is at least new in the last year or two. That also means a GPS unit that is older than one or two years may not work either since the BT is older spec. I never liked my GPS to talk to me anyway, too distracting, so I use it in silent mode. If I miss a turn then I get to ride some unexpected roads! :)
I do sometimes listen to music so have used the speakers and a flash drive in the USB connector. Some time in the next year I'd like to get the Sena SMH5fm2. I ride solo so don't need to communicate with the pillion. My current set up connects BT to my phone and so will the Sena so don't need my phone to BT to the bike. My current Q2 and future Sena do/will have FM radio to listen to that so don't need the bike audio for that part either. The bike audio is only good (to me) for listening to music not on the radio. That's fine with me. I didn't buy the Deluxe for the audio package anyway but for the ABS/TC. Other stuff was just extra. :D

Oh- And it is Mode + down vol to connect to the Audio Device (source of Audio... the music player) and Mode + up vol to connect to the Sound Device (headset, thing that makes the Sound output so you can hear it).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently purchased a Sena SMH10. I was able to pair it to my phone and my CTX 1300. I routinely listen to music from a USB stick plugged into the motorcycle over my Sena headset. I often take my kids with me. The Sena has a feature called Music Sharing which allows me to share my music with them.

I have paired my phone to my motorcycle. I can play music either from the files on my phone or services like Pandora. It works OK, but not as well as listening to music on the UCB stick. I usually only use it when I need to charge my phone.

I am still looking for a simple AM/FM radio that will transmit blue tooth. Some iPods can receive FM signals with a special dongle, but they need the ear buds as the FM antenna. Of course it won't transmit BT with the ear buds plugged in. I know that Siris/XM has a radio that will transmit BT, and eventually I will probably bite the bullet and buy that. For now the USB stick is working fine.

BTW, I have never had any problems with the Sena keeping a charge. I usually only charge it once or twice a week. So far, the longest continuous ride I took with the Sena was about 250 miles. I don't think that I have ever had it die on me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
when you find an FM that will transmit Bluetooth over the speakers on the bike, Please post it here. I am interested in that also and I have been unable to find it.

thanks,

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts