CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I tried pairing the newest iPod Nano from Apple and found something very interesting. According to the manual you have to hold the UP volume button and the mode button down together until you hear 3 beeps from the system and it goes into pairing mode. It does this just fine BUT, it WILL NOT be recognized by either an new iPod or the new iPhone 6. I stumbled onto the solution by accident when I went to reactivate the bike audio pairing mode for the umpteenth time and accidentally pressed the DOWN volume button together with the mode button, which after doing both my iPod and my iPhone 6 recognized the bike audio systems attempt to pair (I of course only paired the iPod). While in pairing mode the bluetooth symbol on the screen will flash together with EITHER an upper right point arrow or a lower right pointing arrow depending on whether you pressed the up volume or down volume button while also pressing the mode button.

I previously had the iPhone 6 paired but every time a phone call or text message would come through it would screw up the music output of from the phone. Now I have the iPod Nano paired with the bike audio system and it sits in the right pocket receiving power and charging from the usb connection using a 6" long usb to lightning cord.

· Registered
797 Posts
I don't remember what buttons I used when I paired up my Nano a year ago. But it still works. I paired it with both bikes and I take it with me on either CTX. I messed it up once by powering up both bikes at the same time. I had to re-pair it with each bike.

The only problem I have with the BlueTooth connection is that it ignores the volume leveling information in iTunes. Some songs play loud enough to wake the whole town and others are nearly inaudible.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
I read that section of the manual a few times and then realized that the mode + UP volume pairs with the BT helmet headsets (up from the bike), and mode + DOWN volume pairs with the music device (IPOD, mp3 player, smartphone) (down in the bike). The manual does state this but it's not really intuitive since they use strange terms for the music device and headset, and I really don't even remember now without looking what those terms are. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

· Premium Member
204 Posts
I don't remember what buttons I used when I paired up my Nano a year ago. But it still works. I paired it with both bikes and I take it with me on either CTX. I messed it up once by powering up both bikes at the same time. I had to re-pair it with each bike.

The only problem I have with the BlueTooth connection is that it ignores the volume leveling information in iTunes. Some songs play loud enough to wake the whole town and others are nearly inaudible.
You have 2 CTX's? Awesome! It would be nice to have one for each day of the week, unfortunately they don't make 7 colors :)

· Registered
797 Posts
Yeah, I've got two of the same bike. When my Piece of Crap Trophy crapped for the last time I traded him for another CTX. I needed reliability and the dealer didn't have anything I liked better than the CTX1300 I already had. He had a red Deluxe that has served me far better than the Trophy did.

In a couple of years I'll probably trade the red one for something else.

CTX1300D - TennesseeSmith

· Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree but my solution was simple, first, I found that the volume control on the iPod has to be between 75% and max, and second, in the settings screen of the iPod you need to turn "Soundcheck" to the off position. Since doing that I have no problem hearing ALL of my music. I believe that when connected to the bikes audio system via bluetooth the iPod treats the audio system as a set of headphones which would have no independent volume control.

Next is to pair my first generation Nolan N-102 N-Com Bluetooth equipped helmet with the bike so that I can listen to music through my helmet speakers rather than the bikes speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.