CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I toured up north to on the ST1100 this past weekend. As we had a little time and were close to my Honda dealer, I stopped to let her look at the CTX1300. She was, shall we say, not turned off by the bike and thought the Gold Wing and the F6B were way to big.

Now to my question: Has anyone heard the passenger complain or comment about getting on the bike? I pulled the bike out and had her climb on board to see how it felt with a passenger on board. She said it is difficult to climb on. The position of the pegs, bags and seat somehow made it tough to get on. She couldn't get past that to tell me if the seating was OK.

So, has anyone else noted this? :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

Rav

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
My wife has a little difficulty climbing on board, but she's also kind of short-legged. Right now, she throws one leg on the seat, then puts her left foot on the peg and pushes herself the rest of the way on. She is getting better at it every time we go out. But she's worried about how she's going to get a leg over when I get the backrest on. We'll figure that one out when the time comes. All of my other bikes have had backrests, and she's figured it out. For some reason, I think the passenger seat may be a little higher and/or wider on the CTX than others, plus the bags are a little more in the way making passenger boarding a bit more of a challenge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts