CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on fave phone mount for my new CTX 1300. Unobtrusive but situated in a place good for access. I use Google Maps on my phone an Bluetooth or wired earbuds. Usually keep phone in my jacket pocket but would like to "see" upcoming turns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
597 Posts
@MikeThorn

Not sure if you have already checked out the knowledge sharing document.. but there is a whole section dedicated to phone mounts (all the items came from previous discussions on this forum). I might also suggest a search "phone mount".

with all that said I will vote

It has been on my bike for 3+ years now.. works great. I do suggest a bit of lubricant (silicone) on the pinch springs once in awhile.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use a Ram mount with a Slipgrip phone holder. Works well never had a problem on either the CTX or my HD FXRS. Slipgripcarmounts.com. The phone has an Otterbox case on it.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@MikeThorn

Not sure if you have already checked out the knowledge sharing document.. but there is a whole section dedicated to phone mounts (all the items came from previous discussions on this forum). I might also suggest a search "phone mount".

It has been on my bike for 3+ years now.. works great. I do suggest a bit of lubricant (silicone) on the pinch springs once in awhile.
Thank you. Given there responses to my post, I should be able to find a good fit for me. Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
I put a RAM ball on the handlebar just inboard of the left clutch reservoir for my GPS. Was the best place for me since it only blocked me seeing the left speaker. I almost never used the speakers on the bike since I have a Sena BT headset, and besides I really don't need to see those speakers.

Currently I have one of these centered on top the dash of my Burgman for my phone. That is the best location IMO since I can see both the road and the navigation at the same time. My GPS unit was getting old and harder to fit the updated maps so I decided to just use my phone with Google Maps to navigate. This holder has an extra 2 legs that keeps the other legs off the power and volume buttons of my phone. Shipping takes a little while but worth it to me. This one is a dual set with 2 arm sizes. But if you look around on that web site you'll find a good price on a single unit. I do use the silicone web as extra insurance but I've forgotten to once or twice and the gripper holds the phone just fine without.

US $6.59 46% OFF|Jadkinsta Generic Quality Plastic Motorcycle Handlebar Rail Mount X Grip Cell Phone Smartphone Holder for iPhone 1 Inch Mounts|Photo Studio Accessories| - AliExpress

·
Registered
93 Posts
@MikeThorn

Got the same mount. Has worked flawlessly for me!
Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for suggestions on fave phone mount for my new CTX 1300. Unobtrusive but situated in a place good for access. I use Google Maps on my phone an Bluetooth or wired earbuds. Usually keep phone in my jacket pocket but would like to "see" upcoming turns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
This works great for me- I didn’t want to attach anything permanently. It was around $5 on Amazon.
E36B2D23-667A-4EAC-89CF-490E3F47F19F.jpeg
4BF874C2-07B2-41A7-9A49-B94F36349887.jpeg
9210FCA7-A4CB-4F6F-BFAA-9EBCF48AC93D.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking for suggestions on fave phone
mount for my new CTX 1300. Unobtrusive but situated in a place good for access. I use Google Maps on my phone an Bluetooth or wired earbuds. Usually keep phone in my jacket pocket but would like to "see" upcoming turns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I use a pair of RAM mounts to hold my phone on the left and a Garmin GPS unit on the right. (My unit can be changed to Horizontal or Vertical view.) Both are at my fingertips without blocking my view of anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FNVGWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It snaps the corners of the phone and doesn't let go until you squeeze the sides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts